Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting HW-K550 soundbar to JU6500K TV

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 07:34 PM)
Sausage
First Poster
Options

I have changed my TV to a JU6500 and am trying to connect my HW-K550 soundbar.   I cannot get it to work.  I have an hdmi from the ARC port in the soundbar to the ARC port in the TV.  The TV sees the soundbar but if you select it as the speaker I get no sound.  I've also tried connecting via bluetooth and TV connect and nothing works.  The soundbar worked with my old Samsung TV.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Sausage: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Have you tried an alternate HDMI cable to see if this helps at all? When connected to the ARC ports on the TV and soundbar, try pressing the source button on the soundbar and selecting 'D.IN'. 

On the TV itself, head to Menu > Sound > Speaker Settings > Speaker Select, and select your soundbar from here, if applicable. 

0 Likes
Sausage
First Poster
Options

Thanks, I have tried a few but could not get it to work.  I have since tried with TVConnect.  This was not working because the soundbar had previously connected to another TV in the house and I could not get it to connect to the new TV.  I reset the soundbar by using the remote, turning it off and holding the playpause button for six seconds.  I will buy a new HDMI cable to see if I can connect that way to improve sound quality.

0 Likes