Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center channel of HW K650 Soundbar not being supported by a subwoofer.

(Topic created on: 17-04-2017 01:58 PM)
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Hello, 

I have a question about the center channel of K650 Soundbar. It seems like it isn't supported by a subwoofer unlike other channels, when playing Dolby Digital content. I know it's supposed to be a voice channel, but it sounds weird, especially with male voices, or when doors are being shut, something falls on the floor etc.  in the middle of the screen and its mastered to be played in the center channel. 

The source of the signal doesn't matter, whenever it's Netflix or Dolby 5.1 test file, all the channels get woofer support except for center. 

It's a little better in Movie mode, because it mixes channels a bit, but since I'm using two R3s as surround speakers I can't use it. 

Can someone from Samsung explain to me if it's intended or just a bug? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Peejay84

This is quite normal and isn't a bug. 

The main speaking voice will output on the soundbar and minimal on R3's connected, which is the same with the subwoofer. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Hello Jordan! 

I'm not talking about "minimal". The bass from the center channel is not being redirected to LFE channel AT ALL. All the lower frequencies are just cut and lost, and it makes male voices sound really bad. 

It works fine with Left and Right channels. Those channels get proper bass  management. 

It's really easy to notice with any Dolby channel test file. Put your hand on the woofer and listen to a speaker listing channels. You can do this with just K650, no need to even connect radiant speakers. 

So I'm now 100% sure it's not intended. 

0 Likes
DocHoliday33
Apprentice
Options

Hello Peejay84,

Could you resolve this issue? I got the exact same problem ...

Best regards,

DocHoliday33

0 Likes