Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get atmos on in built netflix app

(Topic created on: 22-05-2021 06:39 AM)
paperclip
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have just bought a 90t TV and q70t soundbar. The TV is connected to the sound bar via hdmi, earc is enabled.

I have skyq plugged into TV and this outputs atmos to the sound bar if I watch something with atmos (tested with Kong vs godzila)

I am now watching an atmos film using the built in neflix app but the sound bar isn't telling me its getting atmos.

Anyone shed some light?
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Craigmkneller
Explorer
Options
Look for pass though option on TV
0 Likes
paperclip
Apprentice
Options
You can't select pass through when you are in an app as it's grayed out, I can select it when using a hdmi input
castroGstar
Apprentice
Options

I am facing the EXACT same issue with my QN800A and Q70T. From all my research, it looks like I'm going to have to buy a Google Chrome and connect it to the Q70T to get atmos to work. Ridiculous! This is juat as bad as the YouTube app not showing 8K content. I wish Samsung would smarten up and fix all these ridiculous issues.

castroGstar
Apprentice
Options

I finally got it to work by force closing the Netflix app and rebooting the TV!

0 Likes
paperclip
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I found that had to force close the app each time I switched to other apps to get atmos but now I don't have to. Its very strange and no idea why had to do that and now I dont
0 Likes
larryho
First Poster
Options

Finally got Atmos to work on Samsung TV with in-built Netflix app with my Samsung Q90R Soundbar. First step, you will need to go to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings. Change HDMI-eARC Mode to Auto. Digital Output Audio Format to Auto

Well this will not change Netflix compatible movies to Atmos yet. You'll need to go to Apps, look for the Netflix app, hold the OK button on your remote for like 3secs. A pop up box will appear. Click on "Reinstall".

Once done, go back into Netflix app and check out those movies with Atmos compatible. 

This has worked for me. Hope it will for you.

brucewm
Apprentice
Options

Q1: My Samsung Q80  does not allow for a 'reinstall' as it just loads the app.

Q2: How do I know what apps at Atmos comparable?

Thank you

0 Likes
dooy
Explorer
Options

Did you find out I've got the same problem

paperclip
Apprentice
Options
It just seemed to sort its self, no setting changed but now I don't have to close the app to get atmos anymore. Maybe a firmware update sorted it
0 Likes