Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blu-ray player disconnects

(Topic created on: 10-02-2017 03:02 PM)
krais
Student
Options

Hello!

I have a Samsung BD-J4500R Blu-ray player and it's connected via HDMI to a Changhong TV. The player was purchased about six months ago and the first few months worked without a hitch.

I haven't changed the settings, but all of a sudden things got worse. Sometimes there would be a sudden break in signal and then the TV would display a "no signal" message. Usually, disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI from the player did the trick. Now this phenomenon has become constant and it's driving me to despair!

The signal can suddenly just break off several times during a movie and the cables must be disconnected and reconnected. Sometimes the signal goes out and I run to the TV/player combo and the connection reappears by itself. It's really unpredictable and extremely annoying!

I've looked online for different solutions: detaching the cables and HDMI, powering on and reconnecting them, updating the player's firmware, ect. But nothing works. I know it's not the TV's or the HDMI's fault, because when I connect my laptop to the same TV with the same HDMI, there are no problems and no signal loss.

So what can I do? Any suggestions are welcome!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi there, Krais! :smileyhappy:

Odd one that. Anything changed on the TV (e.g. an app or firmware)? And any damage or obstruction/dust in and around the HDMI socket on the player? 

0 Likes
krais
Student
Options

Odd one that. Anything changed on the TV (e.g. an app or firmware)? And any damage or obstruction/dust in and around the HDMI socket on the player? 

Hi! It is really odd, indeed. I haven't changed anything about the TV and the HDMI socket is dust-free. No idea as for the cause. 

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Do you have another TV available that you can try with the Blu-ray Player?

It would be interesting to see if the same problem occurs - it would also help to determine whether the Blu-ray Player is soley at fault. 

0 Likes