Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best samsung earbuds?

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 03:33 PM)
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
Was thinking about purchasing the samsung buds pro but would appreciate if anyone would let me know their experiences (pros and cons) with their own ear buds like the live, buds+, buds 2 and ofcourse the pros! what im looking for is good quality audio, consistent noice canceling and a good battery with fast charge, thanks again.

(dunno if this affects anything but im running the latest version of One UI 4.0 on the s21 ultra)
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
Previously used buds live was ok. Upgraded to buds pro absolutely happy. Sound and call quality very good no issues. Also battery life good. Only cons I need to order memory foam tips because sometimes felling out easily
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
thanks mate I'll go check out memory foam tips
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@HM9K: If you're worried about the fit of the Buds Pro, please be aware that 3 different sized eartips are provided in the box to optimise the fit for each customer. The new design also reduces the contact area between your ear and the Bud for improved comfort. 

HM9K
Pioneer
Options
i appreciate the heads up
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @HM9K  whilst the Buds Pro are generally considered to be a more premium device with for instance IPX7 rating and 360 Audio,  I think the Buds 2 which I am using at present  produce impressive sound quality and are comfortable,  the Active Noise Cancellaton  is fairly good though could be better. Quality on calls is also  fine.   I would says my ears were a bit itchy initially but that settled down.

Depends on the most important factors for yourself, you may wish to look at the comparisons in this article.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-buds-pro-vs-galaxy-buds-2-3050131/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Neph
Explorer
Options

I own the Buds 2 but their ANC is pretty much non-existent for me. I already opened a thread about the problem here, got any tips?

0 Likes
Neph
Explorer
Options

@HM9K

I own the Buds+ and Buds 2 (christmas present and "present"...) and if they weren't that expensive, I'd recommend going for the Buds 2. Why?:

The Buds+ have a rubber piece on the outside that helps them stay in place but the medium sized one starts hurting my (decently small) ears after about 30 minutes (maybe I have to get used to it, haven't worn them for that long yet because of it). There is a smaller piece without the "wing" part but without that the Buds+ simply don't fit as well. Plus, with my previous non-Samsung TWS those extra rubber/silicon pieces eventually stopped staying in place (maybe it'll be better with the Buds+, no idea yet). With the Buds 2 the only part you can change is the ear tips and it feels like they sit better and are more comfortable, compared to the Buds+ without wings. With the wings I'd say that the Buds+ sit more secure than the Buds 2, even though the latter won't fall out when I'm shaking my head either.

The Buds+ also register accidental touches, like when I pause the music and take them out, they think that I pressed "play" again. This doesn't happen with the Buds 2, even though I use the same settings for both (just checked, please correct me if I missed something). Edit: There are accidental touches on the Buds 2 but they don't happen as often as they do on the Buds+.

People are talking about the Buds 2 having better sound but, to be honest, I didn't notice a difference (using the "Dynamic" setting for both). Is the sound quality better than that of the $50 Anker/SoundPeats earbuds? Yes, I'd say so - the BT range is approximately the same though.

Battery life: I've not been out that much (christmas/new year and all), so I haven't drained either charging box yet.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy the Buds 2 again: Their ANC simply doesn't work for me. Not sure if mine are broken or what's going on but there's barely a difference between having it on or off. They do have pretty decent passive noice cancelling and the "passthrough" mode works well (without being able to compare it to that of other earphones). But because of the ANC problems I'm saying that the Buds 2 are simply too expensive for what they do offer and I'm really annoyed that they can't even keep a fraction of their ANC promises. Maybe buy them for $70 - $80 and hope that ANC works better for you but I wouldn't spend $110 (instead of $150) again.