Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD J5700/ZA in endless reboot loop

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 06:15 PM)
DaveLaB
Student
Options

Similar to the problem others have posted about different models. Last week my Samsung blu ray player wouldn't start, it just keeps automatically restarting itself and never comes to normal 'on' state. Tried hard reset, and nothing works. What's the problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Spindizzy
Student
Options

It appears to be happening with many models

"A recent problem with some Samsung Blu-ray players may or may not be related to this. You can read about the sordid mess here, but the Cliff's Notes goes like this: some owners are reporting erratic behavior (the Blu-ray players, not necessarily their owners) such as endless boot loops, non response to button commands, and sudden shutdowns. More than one model is affected, and no one seems to know the cause. One theory is expired SSL certificates tangling with Samsung servers. Samsung is working to find a solution."  Full article link:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/well-heres-another-thing-you-can-worry-about

AntS
Options
0 Likes
DaveLaB
Student
Options

Please provide link to the US support page for this. I can't find it on your ridiculous web page.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
0 Likes
Shugg
Student
Options

For anyone in Europe (& that includes UK), please be aware that Samsung will not repair the J5700/ZA at all as it is a USA model. I tried and they won't even accept it for a paid repair. Trying one of their service centres...

Update 29/7/20: Success! The Service Center said they would charge £59 just to look at it. Stuff that. Went back on chat with Samsung UK and after cajoling I got someone helpful who said, even though it was a chipped USA model, they would take it and attempt to repair it. One week later, my unit was returned and works perfectly and is still multi-region for DVD & BD. Well done, Samsung. The note that came with it stated Firmware/Software updated. I've checked it and the 'ware it's using now does seem to be a forced version from the code it shows. Anyway, all good, just persevere.

0 Likes
Mterminato
First Poster
Options

I contacted Samsung and got a repair authorization, sent my player back, they repaired and shipped it back to me at no charge.

Good job, Samsung.  My player was BD-J5900/ZA.

0 Likes