Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD-H8900M Display stuck on Hello

(Topic created on: 28-07-2020 12:08 PM)
Groose
First Poster
Options

My Samsung DVD player will not connect to tv. I have tried this on a Samsung and LG tv.

The unit starts I can hear the hard drive going. It will eject and close draw. But the display is stuck on “Hello”

I have tried holding stop button to reset but nothing happens.

I understand this is a common fault can anyone help with a solution.

thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarlH
Options

Hi @Groose. When and where did you purchase this? Does this occur on all discs or just a select few? 

0 Likes
Groose
First Poster
Options

3rd time lucky each time I reply I get this

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  •  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

0 Likes
Groose
First Poster
Options

The unit is only 2/3 years old and was quite expensive.

No disks (DVD disks) work, the hard drive can be heard and the fan is on. I can open and close the disk draw, power up and down the unit. Otherwise the display is stuck on "HELLO"

The TV will not detect the output. Therefore even trying firmware update will not be possible. 

I can see online this is a common fault with this unit and hope there is a fix, otherwise I doubt I will ever buy another Samsung audio/video product again.

Thanks

0 Likes
Groose
First Poster
Options

The unit is only 2/3 years old and was quite expensive.

No disks (DVD disks) work, the hard drive can be heard and the fan is on. I can open and close the disk draw, power up and down the unit. Otherwise the display is stuck on "HELLO"

The TV will not detect the output. Therefore even trying firmware update will not be possible. 

I can see online this is a common fault with this unit and hope there is a fix, otherwise I doubt I will ever buy another Samsung audio/video product again.

0 Likes
Westfalianer
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem! Is there a solution?

0 Likes
Groose
First Poster
Options

I have not found a solution and disappointed in quality of Samsung unit.

Had to buy another player not Samsung.

If you do find a solution post it here.

Thanks

0 Likes
Westfalianer
First Poster
Options

I will! Thank you for teh feedback.

0 Likes