Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BASS & TREBLE FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING ON BRAND NEW HW-T550 SOUNDBAR

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 06:19 AM)
Lazarus187
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing a rather peculiar issue where only the bass and treble functions appear to be nonfunctional (i.e., no discernable difference in sound quality when treble/bass levels are increased/decreased) on my brand new Samsung HW-T550 soundbar.  I've already spoken with Samsung technical support regarding this problem, and they were unable to diagnose (let alone correct) the issue.  I've already tried exchanging the soundbar (purchased from Best Buy) for a new one, but the 2nd soundbar has exactly the same problem.  Thing is, all of the soundbar's other features appear to be functioning properly. 

The HW-T550 is connected via HDMI cable to my (also brand new) Sony XBR-65X900F television, specifically to the TV's HDMI IN (ARC) port (as indicated by the soundbar's instruction manual).  The TV's running the latest firmware version (PKG6.6575.0259NAA).  Not certain which firmware version the soundbar's running (or if it's even relevant).  At this point, any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
daveg3
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem.  The sound is "muddy" whatever sound option I use, and the bass and treble settings do not work. The T550 sound bar is new I have it connected to a new Samsung QLED tv via an optical cable.  There also seems to be no sound separation on any of the settings.  I have been through the sound bar manual and the TV manual with no resolution, and there is no help on the Samsung website. I will ask for my money back

0 Likes