Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 13-01-2021 11:21 AM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
cod
Journeyman
Options

Thenaudio would refund my money, but not the postage cost (£27), nor the return postage cost (another £27). I may still have a use for it, but otherwise I'm sure I can sell it for around £120 - I'd lose a bit of cash, and someone would save a bit.

I'm seriously considering buying a Denon X3700H AVR and just hoping they'll look after customers when they finally sort out the 4K / 120hz issue.

Hopefully though, for everyone, Samsung can fix this, assuming it's a Samsung issue and not a Microsoft / Arc / eArc issue (which wouldn't surprise me that much). After paying £5K for a TV I'd expect the basics like eArc to work properly out of the box for everything connected 🙄

0 Likes
cod
Journeyman
Options

So:

Settings:

HDMI-eARC Mode Auto

Digital Output Audio Format – Pass-through

Dolby Atmos Compatibility – enabled

No delay on any audio format using TV apps, or apps on Nvidia Shield connected to TV and outputting to AVR.

*Xbox One X > Samsung Q95T > Denon X2400H = Atmos / Dolby Digital lag, no DTS:X as TV does not support DTS, also not full fat Atmos since AVR only has Arc

*Xbox One X > Samsung Q95T > Thenaudio Sharc > Denon X2400H = Atmos / Dolby Digital lag, no DTS:X as TV does not support DTS or DTS passthrough

*Xbox One X > Denon X2400H > Samsung Q95T = no Atmos / Dolby Digital / DTS:X lag. However, this results in no VRR on non HDMI 2.1 compatible AVR and no 4K /120 passthrough on HDMI 2.1 compatible AVR

So the issue appears to be Arc / eArc related. You can connect direct to AVR but lose VRR. That should not so much of an issue as most One X games are locked to 60fps anyway.

Also, really? Still no DTS passthrough from Samsung TVs? I mean, fair enough if they don't want to pay for a licence to decode it, but there should still be straight passthrough for it.

0 Likes
Unclefishboy
Apprentice
Options

No way! On the LG forums they seemed sure it worked....perhaps it's just an LG TV thing...?

0 Likes
OberstGruber
Journeyman
Options

Can't believe it. You solved my problem!

I got a samsung q90t and a hw-q70t soundbar. Never thought about going xbox series x into my soundbar into my hdmi 3 (earc) because i thought I will loose my hdmi 2.1 features. 

You have to manually activate game motion plus in device settings to make it work. Now I can run perfectly my Xbox with dolby atmos. 

Just two little negativ things:

- q symphony isn't selectable that way 

- I have to manually activate q symphony when switching to my normal TV and apps. 

There is no solution to activate q symphony when you go xbox into soundbar, right? 

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

You can use the remote of the tv. Select sound mode and if you scroll it and let something reload. Then you will see the tv + soundbar option appear. Its a little bit confusing but it works.

0 Likes
OberstGruber
Journeyman
Options

I don't understand your answer. 

I know how to select q symphony in the sound menu. But If I plug my xbox series x into my samsung hw-q70t soundbar and go from my soundbar to hdmi 3 eArc there is no option for q symphony. What I read in the Manuel is that q symphony (tv + soundbar) only works when you plug your device into your TV.

It's just not selectable this way.

You tell me, that it should work? 

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

I have made a fault. You are right. I thougt i could select it but it is not available

OberstGruber
Journeyman
Options

Okay thanks. I'm happy with this solution. Only switching on q symphony after gaming is annoying 😔 

I made a bit of a research: the Q soundbar in mid 2020 seems all to have hdmi 2.1 ports. 

But I don't understand why we get 4k 120hz HDR with VRR and ALLM on hdmi input 3. ☺

0 Likes
OberstGruber
Journeyman
Options

Update: I checked everything again and you can SET 4k 120hz with hdr on the Xbox but when you start games your console trys to output hdr 10 bit but fails

So your games only run in 4k 120hz WITHOUT hdr which is also bad 😔 

0 Likes
keithfkelly
Journeyman
Options

deleted

0 Likes