Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 03:51 PM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Bjarte
First Poster
Options

I also found the lag to disappear when plugged to the Q950T, and my TV (Q95T) still reports 4k/120hz with vrr and hdr on.

When using the TV's HDMI4 port for my Xbox and using passthrough setting and eARC, but not adding Atmos support for the bar, the lag is <50ms. But then the Xbox will not switch to Atmos output, even tho passthrough to the bar should work fine.

Enabling Atmos support for the soundbar on the TV raises the lag to 200ms even before enabling Atmos on the Xbox. I thing there are some form of pseudo-transcoding to Atmos on the TV side that messes things up for me. Playing Atmos content on the Xbox works fine both using eARC and directly on the soundbar.

Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

And i thought only hdmi 4 was hdmi 2.1 but ive been playing for a couple hours now. Cold war, valhalla, planet coaster .switching it up ,but no sound issues now... nothing nada.. plus dts : x works now.... connected to hdmi 4 and earc would not give me dts x .

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

Connect your ps5 directly to your q800t. It works.... also with 4k 120hz and hdr on and vrr.. i dont know how but it works

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

Samsung should fix there earc support  it is too slow at this moment. If someone has a q80t and higher... and happens to have a soundbar from 2020 it does support 120 hz 4k vrr and hdr. So just hook it directly on the soundbar. I thought that only hdmi 4 was gaming port but hdmi 3 is also supporting hdmi 2.1 

Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

Connect xbox directly to your soundbar... and you will have no lag.. no problems with 4k 120 hz settings, it works

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

And you also can use Dts:X .. trough the television it doesnt support dts x passtrough but directly connected to the soundbar... it works perfectly. Now playing for the second day trough soundbar 0 issues encountered... 

gvanhattem
Student
Options

I’ve got a Q80T with a Q900 soundbar and also experienced the same lag everyone else has on Xbox. 
I too got rid of the eArc and 2.1 hdmi’d to the sound bar and 2.1 out to the TV’s HDMI 3
set HDMI input signal plus to ON on the hdmi 3 found in external device manager. That got my 4K 120 working on my Xbox finally. Then another curveball. When leaving Xbox to goto the smart TV to look at YouTube as example, going back, the xbox hdmi signal was blown out so much I could only see a pixelated corner of my avatar. Turned input signal plus off and on which fixed, and finally turned CEC anynet off which so far has fixed that problem. I’m done for the night. Hoping this soundbar will play nice with the TV now!

Ozen
First Poster
Options

Your workaround is almost perfect for me. HDR is disabled this time unfortunately. Any idea to enable it ? I'm using q80t and hw-q70t btw.

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

Im sorry but i dont know how. Mayb a soundbar update. I can set mine to 120 hz 4k hdr on vrr alm all settings on except dolby vision. Hope that samsung fix there autofunction earc because we all payed alot of money for next gen gaming and perfect dolby atmos integration.  That would be the best christmas gift to us all 

0 Likes
gvanhattem
Student
Options

Alright with a fresh head I went back at it today. Realized I need to have anynet cec on in order for my e arc to operate when in regular smart TV mode. This also activates q vision so I’m able to get the full 7.1.2 from the upfiring tv speakers in the Q80. Thankful to say everything is working as intended including programming my harmony home remote so I can get rid of all these Samsung remotes. Xbox sees 4K 120, Xbox sees atmos and no delay. This took far too long than I care to admit for a simple ‘soundbar to tv’ setup.