Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 07:50 PM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

In microsofts forum its also a very hot topic.  

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20201203-192536_Samsung Internet.jpg

 xbox (microsoft is aware) finally. Now hope they van fix there side of the case.. samsung should fix the auto function earc delays etc. But atleast  whe now know that there are people trying to fix things. Whe all have payed alot of money for a futureproof entertainment center... samsung and microsoft should have better support in the future. 

Unclefishboy
Apprentice
Options

Guys - I see these emails every day and a little bit of me dies. Its your TVs. I  have an LG, you guys have Samsungs, people with Panasonics are complaining - it's across the board. If you have a new console plugged into your TV and then out to a device via eArc you'll have a delay. I've avoided it as I have a Denon receiver which I've plugged my Xbox series X into instead. The only trouble is that the Denon (like alot of other recievers) can't actually pass through 120fps as advertised but that's a whole other story. I feel for people with soundbars etc. But passing the sound to TV then to a soundbar or receiver is going to have a delay. I don't think there will be a simple solution. Bar getting one of the ThenAudio SHARC devices to add to the HDMI cable.

dannyp21
Explorer
Options
thank you for that. I think at the minute I have come to the acceptance that I just won't use atmos in the games and just see where it goes. from speaking with the support it seems as if they are blind to the issues that people are having and aren't willing to take responsibility. it's a shame we are lured into spending hundreds of pounds on hardware that to be Frank isn't fit for purpose and doesn't do what it promises. And to think, the issue could be so easily fixed 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ogni65
Apprentice
Options

I told already a while ago thats the TV and not just one brand and not just wiith xbox but my TV Box also has the delay in voice.

So from my point of view there is something in the ARC implementations TV World wide which are provoking this. Normally pictures must even be slower as more information gets transferred, but its the other way round.

we all should complain heavily at our TV manufacturers!

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

Guys. Ive just have been experimenting with my series X connected directly trough the soundbar. And guess what ?? I have the q950t but it does support 4k /120 hz with vrr on and all the other options.. this change for me also killed my lag by connecting directly trough the soundbar. That is still connected to hdmi3 so ....

16070787468505970951963403373903.jpg

PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

What about those people that cannot connect via HDMI and only have an optical option? My SONOS Playbase only has optical. 

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

There is no optical out on the xbox so you have to send it trough your tv

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

16070799895134121522725726636598.jpg

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

I am aware of that. That is exactly what I do. Optical from Tv to Sonos Playbase, HDMI from

Xbox series X. I still have a huge delay in audio

0 Likes