Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 11:27 PM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have the Q800T. the software on the soundbar is the latest and the issue is still there...
0 Likes
Ogni65
Apprentice
Options

Have the same Firmware and it lags also with Dolby Audio on my TV Box from Swisscom.

I think its the TV and not the Soundbar. I use a Philips OLED805/12

0 Likes
Pm32
Journeyman
Options

Does it have eARC? Make sure you're selecting the right audio format. 

0 Likes
DatPanda
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem...
I have the 75Q90T (Firmware: 1403.1) TV in combo with the Q70T (Firmware: 1017.5) Soundbar connected via EARC on HDMI 3 with a HDMI 2.1 cable which according to specs support EARC (not even the one bundled).
Playing all stuff on other HDMI ports are fine as far as I could tell.
But if I choose Dolby Atmos (or even any other Dolby …) on my XBox Series X on HDMI 4 with 2.1 cable and so on - I have a major delay of sound (feels like at least 500ms, especially hearable in shooter or menus). Ofc using stereo would solve the issue... but I mean we're talking about a system which almost costs 3 grand... so a working dolby atmos would be the least you expect...)

Both soundbar and TV are latest firmware as of yesterday evening and the problem is still there. Any other clue/hint/way/…? Otherwise I feel like I have to get the TV back to the shop and grab another brand...

0 Likes
Ogni65
Apprentice
Options

what happens if you connect your XBox directly to the soundbar?

0 Likes
Pm32
Journeyman
Options

You lose some advantages of the HDMI 2.1 port, like 120 FPS or control the xbox interface with the tv remote

0 Likes
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
The delay is not there and as @PM32 states you lose the ability for the VRR from the xbox.
0 Likes
Ogni65
Apprentice
Options

so must be the TV then, right? Strange that my Philips OLED805/12 has the same lags 

0 Likes
Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

For the q led serie owners... you can try this option. On dolby atmos  , it will remove the lag for atmos content in atmos specific games. Try passtrough on the settings from your tv. Instead of auto. Samsung also have

16068652567346907477150766547551.jpg

to fix some things with there auto function

Jeffreyvha
Pioneer
Options

16068653617441381283191448530041.jpg

 try setting it on doorloop passtrough with bitstream dolby atmos output. It works for me. Note this is temporary fix but samsung has to sort this out