Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 26-11-2020 11:41 AM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
Ogni65
Apprentice
Options

I have this problem also with my q70t sb hooked toma philips tv and a tv box from swisscom... the picture is faster then the sound and therefore you can not sync as it is - and not + ... in the philips forum its full of complains but might be the soundbar or both

0 Likes
Briarback
Student
Options

It's a Samsung issue. Or, well. It's not just Samsungs TV's that have this issue. But a m8 of mine bought an LG CX and a Sonos Arc, and has no lag with Dolby Atmos on his Xbox Series X.

I have the Samsung Q80T, Sonos Arc and the Xbox Series X, and i also have this god ***** lag on anything Dolby related when gaming (and when scrolling through the Xbox Dashboard), same on my PS4 Pro. The only way to get rid of it is choosing Stereo Sound, but we don't want that do we.... -_-

I've been battling with this issue for a few months. It was the Same on the Xbox One X on the same TV. I had NO issue whatsoever with my previous TV, the LG Oled B6 and a Samsung Atmos Soundbar with rear speakers.

So it's the new TV's, it's not your Audio equipment. 

I've also tried the JBL Bar 9.1 Dolby Atmos Soundbar with rear speakers. It was EXACTLY the same... I returned it and got the Sonos Arc, in a desperate attempt to fix this issue. But now i know for sure it's the ***** TV. And it annoys the hell out of me..

The reason Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital works great on Streaming services and Movies on discs, is because the TV waits for the picture to sync with the Audio, which we never notice, obviously.

But when it comes to games, the sound has to be immediate. And the 2020 Samsung TV's are so ***** fast, especially in gaming mode, that my guess is that the Audio can't keep up. But that can't be the whole truth. The new LG Oled CX is nearly as fast, and apparently has no issues, or much less at least.

Basically i can't use Bitstream out on my consoles if i don't want audio lag, which takes away the whole point of the Sonos Arc and rear speakers.. Sigh... Damnit Samsung. This is the last Samsung TV i'll buy, ever.. -_-

Funny though.. How we all thought eARC would fix everything.. Well, it didn't , at least not on the Q80T. It annoys me that i got Dolby Atmos through WITHOUT lag on my "old" LG Oled B6, but i can't now? Albeit it was compressed Dolby Atmos, but not even regular DD 5.1 comes through without lag on the ***** Q80T!

dannyp21
Explorer
Options
Thank you for that! it's interesting to see that other tvs are not experiencing as many issues. Surely if samsung pulled their finger out they could easily fix this as it seems more of a software issue with the way the audio is processed, as opposed to an issue with the hardware.
0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

Has anybody tried the online support from the TV itself? They can connect remotely? I would do this myself but I am working 12 hour days until the weekend and I’m not sure that they are 24/7

0 Likes
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I cant say I have, and I am working myself. I am speaking with them via twitter so I'm hoping I will get somewhere with them on there.
0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

I am also trying to get through to their support 

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

Here’s what I’ve got from support! What a joke!

This is what causing the delay. You need to use the HDMI-ARC connection to achieve pass through sound to your playbase. You won't be able to get 5.1 channel using optical cable. https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202006/20200618112133692/NIKDVBEUT-3.0.0_EM_NIKE_EU_EN...

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options
But I do achieve it. It’s just delayed!
1:27 PM

It is because the signal from optical is just the audio output and HDMI sends audio and video together. Check on your playbase if you have an option to adjust the audio delay.
0 Likes
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just had a response saying that they aren't aware of anyone having issues. maybe if they read the forum they would be. they have asked for my serial numbers so I will update with the outcome...
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

The guy I was chatting to said he read the forum 🤣 and that I can’t get 5.1 from optical.....

0 Likes