Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Delay from Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 08:43 AM)
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have just bought a new Xbox Series X console and have it wired into my new Samsung Q90T 2020 TV through the game port and then wired via HDMI  EARC port into my Q800T soundbar. 

On setting the console to Dolby Atmos there is a significant audio delay from the soundbar which cannot be rectified through the sync settings on the soundbar or the TV. 

I have Netflix on the TV and my satellite box set up also through EARC and there is no issue but the is significant issue with the Xbox sound sync which is quite frankly infuriating. 

Is anyone else having this issue, and has anyone found a fix? I have spent a lot of money on a new home cinema set up and cannot watch blu rays because of this. 
191 REPLIES 191
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

Any solution at all? Would a HDMI/Optical splitter solve it? 

0 Likes
Kevin543
First Poster
Options

The splitter does solve the audio issue but it causes other issues.  I attempted to fix this with an HDMI 2.0b 60 hz splitter.  I connected it directly to my Xbox series X and split the signal to the Soundbar (2019 Q70) and TV (Q6FN).  The audio and video were in sync perfectly however certain games like destiny two suffered serious screen tearing and visual issues.  I noticed the same occur when I used the Soundbar as a pass through, but this screen tearing immediately subsided when the TV was connected directly to the Xbox.

0 Likes
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

Has anybody complained to Samsung about this? 

0 Likes
Xaidron
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have the same issue with my Samsung Q80T and 5.1 amp. There is a distinct delay when swapping the Xbox Series X from Stereo to Dolby Digital. You can see and hear this when using Xbox menu. In Stereo the navigation and sound are in sync but in DD the navigation box moves then the sound plays with a delay. This issue Microsoft need to resolve. 

Using DTS doesn't work at all. If I select DTS then the Xbox just changes it back to DD.  This may be because the Xbox thinks the TV doesn't support DTS.

I think Microsoft need to work with Samsung to investigate and resolve the issues as the delay gets even worse when trying to pass the DD signal through the Q80T TV.

When testing DD through the TV speakers there is a small delay that Microsoft need to resolve. If I then set the TV to Optical output and send the audio to my amp then the delay is even worse. The Q80T doesn't allow you to use audio pass-through for an Optical connection so you have to set the TV audio to Auto. It looks like the TV is then processing the audio rather than just passing it straight through which causes even more delay.

Samsung and Microsoft need to work together on resolving these annoying audio issues. As Microsoft have decided not to put a SPDIF output on the Xbox the TV should just be passing any audio signal through to the Optical output without trying to process the signal. Both DD and DTS signals should be supported without any delay issues. 

Tiayeahdude
Journeyman
Options

Same problem 😔

0 Likes
Konador
Apprentice
Options

Similar issue here. Xbox Series X > Q80T > eARC audio receiver. Stereo is fine but it's stereo... Uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1 don't work at all (but should) and any Bitstream has an audio delay.

If I do Xbox > Receiver > TV though it works perfectly with Uncompressed 5.1, but I lose 4K/120, VRR, and HDR. Come on Samsung, this proves the issue is with you.

PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

Does anybody know how to highlight this to Samsung? 

0 Likes
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I'm glad it is not just me that is experiencing this. The frustrating thing is that there is no definitive solution apart from running the Console to the soundbar and then to the TV by EARC but you lose the variable refresh rate which is one of the main reasons for the next gen consoles.

I was hoping samsung would see this and response but alas they have not. Surely a nice little software update could sort the issue?
dannyp21
Explorer
Options
I have sent Samsung a link to this thread via twitter. hopefully there is some form of update ASAP
PanLondonSI
Apprentice
Options

Thanks dannyp21 👍🏻

0 Likes