Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning channels to remote number 1, 2, 3

(Topic created on: 13-12-2021 10:41 PM)
trilobite999
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung UE40MU6400 (specifically UE40MU6400UXXU) purchased in the UK. Having moved to Italy, I thought that the process of updating the channels would be painless. In the UK, BBC1 would be remote number 1, BBC2 remote 2, etc.

Now in Italy, when I do the auto-scan, you get the first channel from 800 and so on. With TVs purchase in Italy, RAI1 would be assigned to remote number 1, RAI2 to remote 2, etc. With my UK TV, RAI1 is assigned to channel 951, etc.

I can't work out how to re-assigning RAI1 to remote number 1 and so on. Strangely, I tried to use Preferred lists as a easy way to selecting and ordering channels to my preference but navigating to the preferred channel list is messy for old grandparents and kids. Hence my need to assign RAI1 to channel 1 (remote number 1), etc.

The strange thing is if I go to Channel List and Edit Channel, the Rename button is greyed out.

Any suggestions that can help me avoid having to throw away a perfectly working TV? I'm getting a lot of resistance at home for a TV that is not working as expected.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry, but it's not possible. The issue is the tuner is not designed for the different bands used in other countries.
0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
My grandfather has a Sunny 43" TV with country set to Italy. (My current country isnt supported) He has same problem like yours with channels, 850, 851 and so on. You cannot solve this. You have to stay with these. :smiling-face:
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
if I'm honest you're out of luck. however what you can do is purchase a tv box or just use streaming services. I don't remember when I last used terrestrial channels. bbc iplayer , prime, disney, netflix and more all available 24/7 . if you can't do it directly on your tv. then a roku express for £25 can get all of that .
0 Likes
trilobite999
Apprentice
Options

Ok, I suspected there was an issue with the tuner. I don't understand electronics but surely in a world where everything can be fixed with software it would make sense to sell TVs in such a way that they can be used in all EU countries? Surely this goes against the new directive on e-waste. I'm hoping that such a big name like Samsung which I have always been loyal to, thinks about this a bit more. In the EU you have lots of mobility with people, and they like bringing their TVs where ever they go. Can I take the unit to a Samsung service center and get the tuner changed?

0 Likes
trilobite999
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I thought this would be the case. I will see if I can get the tuner changed first although I suspect it'll cost me more than 25 euros.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It depends on the wavebands used by the particular countries since they are not standardised. These systems were developed many years ago , long before e-waste was even a word.
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
https://youtu.be/d2S1Ijb-yPs

I'm not sure if yours can... but some allow channel re order.