Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art mode triggers receiver to shut down

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 11:47 AM)
Morieske
First Poster
Options

Hi All

I’ve got my Samsung frame (2020 model) connected through arc to my onkyo receiver. Works well, also in combination with my Nvidia shield. One problem remains. When I switch into art mode, the receiver switches off also. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Because ideally, I’d like to listen to music through the shied with art mode active and have the receiver turn off only when the shield goes to sleep. I don’t see any particular cec setting on the frame nor on the onkyo to change that behavior. 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Mley
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my Marantz receiver.  In Art mode it completely shuts off receiver.

0 Likes
Josh991
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Very annoying. Can’t listen to Spotify now with art mode connected since it displays the songs on the screen automatically. And that looks horrible from Onkyo. 

Samsung, fix this please with an update. 

0 Likes
Drinkh2o
First Poster
Options

Yes, this is very frustrating and I've spent hours trying to resolve. 

I have a 2021 Frame with the Deco Frame attached, New Denon receiver attached.  Go into art mode, and receiver shuts down... I force it back on, even switching to another input to listen to music thru DVD player or a music streamer, and eventually the Art mode will go off as will the TV, shutting down receiver at same time. 

It seems that when using HDMI-CEC, eARC, etc., when the TV senses the receiver is on, things go sideways quick. 

Also - Art mode will shot off quickly when Receiver is on, but will stay on longer when receiver is off. Really makes me think this is a HDMI-CEC issue as there is bad info being passed between the machines. 

You know - I bought this TV for our great room and invested significant time/energy to installing in wall speakers so that we could have Art mode on and listen to some music.  If I had known getting music to work using a Home Theater setup simultaneously with Art mode on was an issue, NEVER would have purchased.  

Should be a software fix that I believe the folks in Samsung should be able to do and have our systems updated.  While in Art mode, should be able to somehow configure so you can defeat HDMI CEC, keep receiver on and work with the receiver to listen to various music sources. Like if I want to stream an internet radio station while in art mode, I should be able to have art mode on, when I need a screen to chose music with the receiver it should give you a picture and picture mode so you can choose what you want, then switch back to full-screen art mode with receiver staying on with your chosen Internet Radio station on or whatever else you choose to listen to.  

If anyone has any answer how to make this work let me know. 

0 Likes
Haus
Student
Options

This is interesting because there's another thread with a bunch of us complaining that when Art mode kicks on via motion detection, the receiver turns on needlessly, wasting electricity and generating heat when all I want is a picture on the wall. And there's no way to turn the receiver off (it turns back on the moment you turn it off).

So there are two use cases here, if I understand:

From my standpoint, generally I'd prefer the receiver to be off in Art mode. That would mean I want the TV to send a power off signal when entering Art mode and not when turning back in into Art mode from being off overnight, but then send a power on signal on when I actually press the power button to use the TV.

For your (collective) case, if I'm understanding this, you want the TV to never send a power off signal to the receiver (or maybe only send the power off signal if you turn the TV full off - long press).

I wonder if the solution would be to implement the first part (receiver always off in Art mode) and then provide a toggle to not send power signals to the receiver in Art mode, to cover the people who want to listen to another source.

0 Likes
JW81
First Poster
Options

Does anyone have a fix for this issue yet? Or a viable workaround? I’ve just setup my 2021 Frame and have exactly the same behaviour with my Denon receiver. How frustrating! 

RSTEIN
First Poster
Options

Same issue.  Just set up 2022 65" frame tv and everytime it is placed into art mode it shuts down my denon receiver.  In order to use receiver I have to manually turn it on.  One issue is that the receiver is located in a server closet so it is not even in the same room.

Would rather have art mode trigger the receiver to remain on.....  any suggestions?  

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
sriedl
First Poster
Options

I realize this is an old post, and maybe you already solved this, but I just received my Frame tv a few days ago, and, like you, was very frustrated that I couldn't stream my beloved WQXR on my Denon receiver while enjoying the tv's art mode.  I was literally pulling the HDMI plug out of the back of the One Connect box to prevent it from turning my receiver off when I switched to art mode--probably not great for the connectors over the long term.  But I found a workaround on a reddit thread.  See if you can turn off powering off over HDMI in your receiver settings .  This is how I did it, for anyone reading that has the same or similar receiver (Denon AVR-x1200W).

Press "setup" button on Denon remote to access settings > video > HDMI setup > pow. off control > change this setting to "off".

This solution will not make the people who want everything to work on one remote happy, but I can now put my tv into art mode (or turn it off entirely) and my receiver stays on.  Having to turn my receiver on/off separately from my tv doesn't bother me at all.

Csred7
Student
Options

How has it been 3 years and Samsung still hasn’t addressed this issue?? This is a primary use of having art on your wall. If I’m hosting a party I want the art up and music on. Pretty simple. 

0 Likes
EricL81
First Poster
Options

Just purchased a Frame TV and experiencing the same issue. Can’t believe after three years this issue still occurs. It seems like such a basic thing to be able to listen to music on my receiver while the tv is in frame mode. Surely there must be a way to do this. 

0 Likes