Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC set up problems.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2020 09:40 AM)
Kronos
First Poster
Options

I knew this would not end well.

I have been using an optical connection from Samsung MS650 soundbar to a LG B7 TV and this morning I thought, after hearing much about ARC, to swap cables over, removing the optical and installing an HDMI which is connected to the correct ports on both soundbar and TV and nothing.
I view TV via a Humax PVR but have also do not have sound if the viewing via the TV. Oh and I changed the source in the TV settings. I thought I had sorted it by moving the HDMI cable from the PVR to the HDMI port which is next to the HDMI Arc port as the sound worked fine.

I think I was a bit early with my feeling of smugness when it seemed that all was well with my problem yesterday because on turning the TV on at 5 am this morning although the soundbar initially showed Arc it switched to D.in after a few seconds.

I have no idea what to do, is it perhaps the HDMI cable which I dragged from a box of cables? For the time being I have gone back to optical.

Now I am stumped, which is not difficult given my lack of knowledge in these matters, any advice welcome.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Kronos 

Did you manage to get this sorted? Were you able to try a different HDMI cable?

0 Likes
Kronos
First Poster
Options

Sorry i seem to have two threads on this issue and I have no idea how.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/ARC-set-up-problems/m-p/1093134#M10966

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, @Kronos. This is the UK Community whereas the link you've provided is for the US Community. You're welcome to use one or the other or, indeed both!

0 Likes
MJPROB
Journeyman
Options

The problem might be with your PVR.

I had similar problem with my PVR which was an older 1080p PVR. I would not get sound thru the ARC. I disconnected the PVR to see if I would get the ARC to work and it did.

I recently upgraded my PVR to a 4k model and now evertything works properly.

Before I had to use the Optical Cable to make the sound work but I had to use the remote from the soundbar to adjust the volume, now I can use the universal remote to adjust the volume with ARC connected.

Try unplugging your PVR to see if you get sound from the ARC to see if it's the PVR

0 Likes