Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV & SkyHD+ —> Soundbar (HW-N950) —> TV (Q9F 75inch)

(Topic created on: 29-01-2019 05:57 PM)
Martino21
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

My equipment is

- TV: Q9F 75inch TV

- Soundbar: HW-N950

- Apple TV

- Sky HD+

Apple TV and SkyHD are connected (HDMI) to the Soundbar. The Soundbar is connected to the TV (HDMI ARC)

I have used the Universal Remote function on my TV to set my Apple TV and SkyHD up and I have selected the option “Via Home Theather”

My Apple TV and SkyHD are in a sideboard without line of sight 

All works great except for the volume 

Every function of my Apple TV and SkyHD can be controlled through my TV One Remote 

The Volume only works if I open my sideboard door and there is line of sight between my remote and my Apple TV or SkyHD box

However if I change the volume using my Soundbar remote control all works fine without line of sight 

The only explanation I could come up with is that my Soundbar is able to control Apple TV and SkyHD volume via HDMI, however the Universal Remote set-up automatically assigns the volume control on the One Remote to work via IR directly with the Apple TV and SkyHD instead of controlling the volume via the Soundbar 

Problem is that I don’t know how to change the volume setting and assign it to the Soundbar volume control instead of the devices directly 

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Martino21
Apprentice
Options

I forgot to mention that my Apple TV and Sky HD are connected to the Sounbar but the Soundbar is connected to the One Box Connect and that the One box Connect is in the same cabinet with my other devices 

The TV remote controls the soundbar volume ok when the cabinet is open but it doesn’t work when it is closed

from other posts I understand that the issue Is that it is the One Box connect to send the IR inputs to the Soundbar when the Soundbar is in HDMI inputs mode rather than the TV controlling it (which is the case when in TV ARC mode). Hence why things work with the cabinet open

any suggestion on how I could get the Soundbar volume controlled directly by the remote (instead of the One Box Connect)?

0 Likes