Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 02:17 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
Eric_in_HK
Explorer
Options

Thanks Nomis! Obviously disappointing to hear that a new AVR with modern HDMI connectivity would still experience the same issues with Samsung TVs, but it helps manage my expectations.

I guess that leaves me with three options:

- using HDMI ARC and disconnecting everything from the power source once a day (which is what I am doing right now with my old Denon AVR, but it's a hit-and-miss)

- using an optical cable instead of HDMI ARC (supposedly stable!?)

- connecting the sources - eg Mac mini, Apple TV etc - directly into the AVR and using the Samsung TV only as 4K monitor (and avoiding the unstable ARC technology)

0 Likes
FernandoBravo
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, optical cable was the solution for me along months. But yesterday I tried one more time. I found a solution that worked for me. The factory reset on my receiver, not digital factory settings, physically. a combination of source and power buttons. Maybe you should find the hard reset for your sound systems too. Good Luck

0 Likes
Garra
First Poster
Options
Content not found, please share it for the second time
0 Likes
LosGalacticos
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys,

I have the same isssue. I've got follwing setup which worked for 2 years withou any issues. For any reasons, recently I started to have this issue.

TV: Samsung UE49NU8002

Receiver: Yamaha HTR 4066

Playstation 4

• TV <> Receiver is connected via HDMI 2.0b cable from receiver output to TV's ARC HDMI port. AV4 is selected in receiver setup. HDMI control is ON
  • Anynet+ is enabled on TV
  • PS4 <> Receiver is connected via HDMI 2.0b cable. HDMI2 port on receiver
  • KEF speakers are connected to receiver

When TV source is selected  on TV, there is no sound coming from speakers

When I change the source to receiver and select HDMI2 on receiver, switch on PS4, the sound comes from speakers as expected.

What I have tried:

•  factory reset of both TV and receiver
  •  check latest FW on both devices
  •  disconnect TV and receiver
  •  connect it back but then it says unknow device
  • I tried to configure it manualy, I can swich on/off receiver using TV remote, but after this manual setup is done receiver cannot be switched on/off by TV remote
  • I tried to disconnect PS4 from receiver, but did not help at all.

I wonder why this is happenig? Whats the root case as it worked all the time. Is this cased by some FW update? I am pretty sure that cabels are ok as I can hear PS4 sound.

I appreciate any kind of help

0 Likes
tkmhsv
First Poster
Options

Sam here with 2020 Samsung Qled 65" QT60 whereas my 2018 Samsung worked fine with Yamaha AV RX-V685. Samsung support finally broke down and told me that according to their database of SAMSUNG TV's and told me new one was not compatible yada yada yada.... I am PO'd

0 Likes
Jet_Lagg
Explorer
Options

@bob1057 wrote:

Glad it works.  Give it a few weeks and all of a sudden it will stop working.  Samsung suggest unhooking everything and powering it all of.  it will start to work again.  for a few more weeks .....good luck.  respond back in a few if it is stable please

Hi Bob, I thought you were a Doubting Thomas! But you were right I have come down to earth with a bump - my Samsung ARC settings (HDMI) disappeared from view, despite the fact that the previous settings worked perfectly for 5 months!

I suddenly noticed that the tinny sound was coming from the back of the TV, and nothing from my BOSE TV Speaker! Went through all the setup procedure, checked all the settings, all checked for HDMI, but no HDMI option showing in Sound Output, just TV Speaker and Audio Out/Optical!

Very frustrating, then found this thread again!

Unplugged TV, left for a time and whoopee, all functions are back again!

So now TV is on a timer, turns off completely overnight and on again in the morning!

Perhaps Samsung will put a reboot chip on their new motherboards!!!!! Shall I patent that idea?

0 Likes
AZ_QLED
First Poster
Options

Okay, tried to post this 3X and all failed. Last attempt. What worked for me is to go to Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Settings > Adaptive Volume. Turn that option off. Tried resets, cables, unplugging... This worked for me as before device would turn on and volume lost within a minute. Receiver properly recognized. 7.1 sound restored. If this works, post as such as it may help others. I have an 82" QLED and it's less than two months old with no new updates. Take care. 

0 Likes
Shawk
First Poster
Options

https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/hdmi-arc-and-cec-not-working-try-these-fixes-4041394

i tried working through this guide and found number 2 has worked at least for a little over a week (it has initially worked for a couple of months and then I was having to reset by unplugging every day or so).

claus_ob
First Poster
Options

I've been in contact with Samsung Support Germany regarding the same issue: hardware replacement, software update

but no solution to the problem. In the end, they stated they can't do anything (well, I have a non-Samsung receiver,

that's the backdoor). Willingness to communicate the problem internally: absent. 
Even interrupted me often and ended the call with absurd accusations.

0 Likes
Enrique_mx
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. I had the same problem when I upgraded from a Samsung Home Theather to a Yamaha AV with my old Samsung series 6. I made the mistake to give another shot to Samsung and upgraded de TV to a series 9 and a new Yamaha. Same issue.

I gave my old Yamaha to my parents and it works perfectly with a Sony.

Enrique 

México City 

0 Likes