Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 03:44 PM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
Klczc
First Poster
Options

I thought about the same thing, that it might be an outdated receiver or software. 

I tried updating my Onkyo receiver software (didn't work) and even buying a brand new Onkyo receiver which didn't work either. 

0 Likes
MJPROB
Journeyman
Options

Do you have a TV box hooked up on the TV. I found that some tv boxes will cause that problem.  Try unhooking everything,  then try the AV first and see what happens. Try one item at the time. 

0 Likes
Raspel
Explorer
Options

New reciever can´t solve problem with HDMI-CEC. I have Onkyo TX-NR701, 709 and now TX-RZ830 with Samsung UE65MU7002. Same problem with each reciever. I solved this with timer to restart (unplug) TV every night and with Logitech Harmony Elite.

Home appliances:
3pcs AR9..., UE65MU7002, BD-H6500, UE46F6510, Galaxy A50.....
(Onkyo TX-RZ830, TX-NR-709 and 701, NVIDIA Shield, VU+ SOLO 4K, PS3...)
0 Likes
pumpnethyl
First Poster
Options

I've been dealing with this issue for 18 months. It will work for a few weeks and then fail again.  I go through the unplug, disconnect, reconnect, each time. Sometimes it works immediately, other times it doesn't recognize the soundbar for a few days.  I have a Samsung 65" TV and the matching Samsung soundbar connected through the HDMI ARC (Audio return channel) connection.  The TV also fails to recognize other HDMI connected devices, Amzon FireTV for example.  I 've read through hundreds of posts regarding this issue and I've never seen a response from Samsung support.  If they tell you it's because you're using a 3rd party receiver or soundbar, they are being dishonest.  My display and soundbar are both Samsung and it's been failing intermittently for months.

I won't purchase any Samsung products in the future. 

UCONNCASS
First Poster
Options

Has ANYONE found fix for this?  ARC does not work for TV.  Weird but I have ARC cable connected to HDMI4 and to receiver.  When watching TV sound comes from my receiver.   However, when switch to smart tv...say Netflix sound only comes out of TV.  I have an optical cable attached....but I cannot vet sound for my movies and such to out of TV.  Samsung was of no help.   I am at loss as it worked at one not does not.

0 Likes
GrahamUK
Apprentice
Options

This is exactly the experience I've had since I first posted on this forum some 18 months ago. Various calls to support (if you can get any response) have been completely fruitless and pointless. 

I have 4 high end Samsung TVs and all but one have shown this issue with various Sony, Onkyo, and Pioneer AVRs and the only common factor across these and indeed across this entire forum is the Samsung TV.

The only Samsung TV that's been rock solid with ARC and CEC is the oldest one I have which is a plasma PS51E6500 so Samsung were able to get this right once upon a time.

Samsung's refusal to even engage with this widespread issue that ought to be easily solved with a software update means that my next high end TV will not be a Samsung.

I imagine this is a position shared by many current owners of Samsung TVs as well as those researching the Internet for their first expensive TV purchase.

Come on Samsung, sort this out.  I dare you! 

0 Likes
bob1057
Student
Options

Why will SAMSUNG not respond?

0 Likes
UCONNCASS
First Poster
Options

Yeah I am disgusted.  I have a Pioneer Receiver which is new.  Everything worked great then all of a sudden it seemed everything belly up.  I have a Samsung 82 in UHD and for the money I for it this should not be happening.  It is obvious Samsung does care.  Samsung you lost my future business.

0 Likes
kraM1t
Explorer
Options

The only way I fixed this was by removing my Chromecast, because it's a HDMI-CEC device it just played havoc with the TV. It worked fine with my previous Samsung Plasma 1080p TV.

So now I have a Tivo V6 box (which doesn't use HDMI-CEC) and a Ben Nevis 2.1 Soundbar/sub into the HDMI ARC.

It's been fine now for like a year. Disgusting service by Samsung.

0 Likes
john022662
Pioneer
Options

All,

You can search back for my screen name from many months ago for the solution that I used.

Bottom Line for me, the ARC and HMDI-CEC on the Latests Samsung TV's is useless. I set up my system to not even try to use this BS anymore. I've had Samsung Technical Support on the Phone many times and they have sent Contracted Technicians to my home twice.

You need to solve this on your own and my solution works for all set-ups but does require purchasing another $100 of kit. For me, this made much more sense than banging my head against the wall or taking the TV off the wall, packaging it back up and working to get a refund or a replacement.

The picture is phenominal on thier 4K TV's. The rest of the TV is *****. Don't use it.

0 Likes