Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 02:24 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
SteveM1
First Poster
Options

Can you tell me please if you used the ARC HDMI port on your AVR?  And also did you use the ARC HDMI port on the Samsung TV?  I am having the same issues..  Thank you.

0 Likes
john022662
Pioneer
Options

Hi Steve,

With the set-up that I have, there is absolutley no use for ARC or HDMI-CEC so I so not use these outputs or inputs.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
SteveM1
First Poster
Options

Thank you John...  I have a Nakamichi 9.2 system and its HDMI out to the TV is ARC capable...If I run all connecitons to a HDMI switch first, then the Nakamichi and then into the samsung...Should I use just a regualr HDMI port on the samsung then?  Thank you again for all your help.

0 Likes
john022662
Pioneer
Options

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure about using the HDMI Switch and it's capabilities. As I posted several months ago, I use the Caavo Control Center that is essentailly a Smart HDMI Switch and Universal Remote. I'd recommend that as a solution.

It's possible that your Nakamichi is better than my Onkyo in handling things. The key is that you do not rely on the TV for anything other than the Picture and then sound (via pass-through of the AVR when it is off). This requires than you have a Cable Box or Streamer of some type to watch typical TV (apps on the TV become useless unless you are using the TV as stand along.....AVR off and). I use the Roku Ultra. 

Try hooking all your components to the AVR and use that as the Hub of the system. Then just use a good quality HDMI connection from the AVR to the TV. I would turn off all CEC-HDMI and ARC Capability of the TV such that it does not send signals via the HDMI that can screw with your DVR. The drawback of this set-up is that you will need multiple remotes.  That is where the Caavo ties it all together. I only need the Caavo remote and can control my Roku, AVR, Samsung BR, and Samsung TV.

Hope this helps,

John

0 Likes
SteveM1
First Poster
Options

Thank you again John!

0 Likes
klaseh
First Poster
Options

Date 2020-05-18,

Bougth a Samsung Qled 60 for approximately one month ago.

I have similar problems with ARC to a Pioneer VSX923, currently using a opto cable.

The Samsung remote can't select  different sources for the VSX923, e.g. blu-ray, CABle box et.c. 

I also have problem with a Raspberry Pi 4 running a libreELEC  with Kodi. The (Pulse Eigth) HDMI-CEC controller is built-into the Raspberry Pi, but the Samsung QLed 60  doesn't recognize it regardless if the Raspebrry pi is connected directly to  Samsung Qled 60 or the  Pioneer VSX 923.

Any workarounds Samsung?  Samsung it is time to fix these  bugs!

/Klas

0 Likes
jag198577
First Poster
Options

Samsung 75" QLED TV and Onkyo receiver  - ARC function stopped working only way to fix is to disconnect every thing and leave off  over night then reconnect however the problem soon returns.

0 Likes
Audio1
First Poster
Options

Try going to settings on tv sound sound output  and check in you have set on tv speakers or audio output it may help 

0 Likes
Weathers
Apprentice
Options

This issue has been ongoing as per this thread since 2018!!! I guess there is only two hopes to getting this sorted and one of them is "Bob"!! I have the pioneer sclx501. It's dropping out every time we turn the tv on!!! Previous LG was flawless with th  Ed sane amp!!! This really is unbearable!!

0 Likes
Eric_in_HK
Explorer
Options

Just wondering - is anyone experiencing this issue with a new AVR?? The guy at AV Life suggested that the HDMI ARC technology changed over the years, and that might explain why my old AVR (Denon 1713) doesn't sync nicely with my Samsung TV (Q70).

But before I go and buy a new AVR (I am looking at the Denon X2600H right now), it would be good to hear if the same issue persists with modern AVRs as well.

As a workaround in the meantime, I disconnect everything from the power source over night and that procedure seems to help reset the HDMI connection and it tends to work fine the next day (with the occasional disconnect).

0 Likes