Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

all speakers started power cycling on friday the 7th

(Topic created on: 13-07-2023 10:20 AM)
Brandi72
Journeyman
Options

Yesterday we noticed that our soundbar downstairs was power cycling and would not stop and when I came upstairs the one up there was doing the same thing.  I managed to rest them and they are working but now my 360 R7 speakers are doing it too and I can't get them to reset.  Anyone know what to do?  All the speakers were Samsung.  Does anyone know if they did some sort of update yesterday?

131 REPLIES 131
Gerben84
Journeyman
Options

At the moment i have totaly  blocked internet acces to my soundbar with parental control,
I would like to only block those url's mentioned in other comments.
only problem i have, i don't have these options in my modem/router, it's a Gemexis Platinum 7840 from Caiway in the netherlands.
is there a solution for this?

0 Likes
WK86
First Poster
Options

I don't have this option in my router either. I have a router/modem from KPN

0 Likes
Verbel
Apprentice
Options

So,
Nothing is working on my NetGear R6700.
Who can confirm on which Router the blocking is working 100%

Thanks!

0 Likes
Muskratsmith
First Poster
Options

Cannot confirm.  Blocked 3 urls.  Confirmed that I am unable to access them via orbi mesh router.  Have 2 each r1, r3, r7.  I do not have the heart to check more than one speaker, but the one r3 I did try is still, "WiFi is ready" ing.  This is discouraging.  Having to rethink every bad decision I made to get here.

0 Likes
ponch123
First Poster
Options

Can confirm the url blocks work on Telstra smart gen 2 router. All good. Speakers working!

0 Likes
Tedilan
Explorer
Options

Thank you Samsung! (or thank you iHeartRadio...)

Now I have my life back at peace with my stuff.

0 Likes
Verbel
Apprentice
Options

What do you mean??
They fix the issue???
Or you just being cynical.... 😞

0 Likes
TomG3
Apprentice
Options

My speakers are all working this morning. Guess they applied a fix. Hope this isn’t just a blip and all sorted.

Verbel
Apprentice
Options

YEAH!!!
It's all working here too!!!
At last!!!
Thanks Samsung!!!

Solution
AntS
Options

Glad to hear, guys!

Updated news from our side:

"We are pleased to inform that the recent issue affecting Samsung’s Wireless Audio Multiroom (WAM) products has now been resolved by an update to our third party content providers server.

Any devices previously disconnected from the WiFi/Internet can now be reconnected without issue & all Network required functionality is restored.

To trigger the Network Set up, please apply a Reset as below & simply follow the Audio prompts.

• Disconnect the device from the mains power.
  • Reconnect the Mains Power
  • Immediately after connecting the Mains Power Press & Hold the Volume Minus & Volume Plus keys on the device (Not the Remote control)
  • After approximately 6 seconds the device will begin it’s reset cycle.
  • When prompted by the unit to run the Set Up Process including connecting to the internet/WiFi."