Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa too loud on HW-S60A soundbar

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 03:03 PM)
RobE61
Student
Options

Alexa and audio feedback is far too loud and no apparent means of adjusting. TV inaudible if set sound to Alexa. Seems a common problem on Internet. Will try a firmware update today.

7 REPLIES 7
NHOJ78
First Poster
Options

Having exactly the same issue, have had to mute the Alexa / assistant sound due to the ludicrously loud volume! If there's a resolution and anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
RobE61
Student
Options

I have been having a go at Samsung online help but without much help. They did not understand the issue. My problem is compounded by having an older telly with fewer audio out options. My partner has telly with HDMI and optical out but she struggled getting a reliable setting and told me to take soundbar away. However I thought I had solved it with firmware update but what I had done was turn telly volume to zero, Freeview box volume to 100 and soundbar volume fairly low. This works pretty well though possibly Alexa a tad loud at when you start to increase soundbar volume. The problem I have is I output through digital coax into a optical converter so soundbar only works with telly and not PlayStation/dvd as that does not have a volume control so is inaudible. My options are either get a audio to optical converter and try audio out from telly headphone socket or buy a new telly and hope there is a good setting configuration that works and make sure nothing is changed (so that I don't jump out of my skin when audio feedback is unexpectedly very loud). 

What a faff!

0 Likes
killweav
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue on my S60B soundbar.

0 Likes
Anopsis
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my new SB61 and a Roku TV. If I can hear the TV, Alexa is insanely loud. It's like they need input volume controls. If you find a fix, please post it!

0 Likes
AndyG101
Student
Options
I have this issue with the Q950T. I think the issue is that Alexa reduces the TV volume as she talks but then the TV volume doesn't return to normal. To hear the TV you need to turn the soundbar up and so the next time Alexa speaks it's really loud. Only way to fix this I've found is to remove the soundbar from the Alexa app and SmartThings, factory reset and then configure again. This works for a bit and then breaks. I've been on samsung support chat, but they are useless. They referred me to a repair partner, but they can't do anything as it's clearly a firmware issue. Samsung need to fix the firmware and roll out an update
0 Likes
Peter193
First Poster
Options

I think I have found easier workaround.

I just ask "Alexa, you speak to loud  comparing to other sounds"

As a result normal TV volume is restored.

Anyway it's obvious firmware bug and have to be fixed by Samsung.

0 Likes
FloridaBen
First Poster
Options

My issue is when Alexa responds the volume is 2 to 3 times louder than the tv volume setting.  Blasts you out of the room.  What I did was turn off all Alexa devices but the smart TV and sound bar.  Make sure you are talking to the smart TV and tell Alexa to "Alexa, reduce alexa volume by 3."  the sound bar now gives the proper level of response for alexa queries.  Hope it lasts.

0 Likes