Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Stopped Working on Samsung Q990B

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 08:02 PM)
meanmoviemagic
First Poster
Options

I just had my first Samsung Q990B replaced because of left rear speaker disconnect issue and because Alexa didn't work eversince I got it. I got the replacement just today. Alexa worked on the replacement unit. After just about 4-5 hours, it would not respond anymore. I have tried to re-register, on and off, etc. To no avail. Any solution for this or is SAMSUNG even aware of this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
LW92
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue on my S801B - I set up Alexa on Tuesday evening, everything worked perfectly.  The next day it would no longer respond to voice - if I press and hold the Multifunction button on the unit (press and hold for 3 seconds, and keep hold whilst you speak), it works.   I have also tried removing from the Alexa App, Smart Things and a factory reset.

0 Likes
Alienjoker
First Poster
Options

I just received my new unit but I cannot get Alexa to work on it either. If I use an Alexa in another room it will happily send commands to it, but the unit never responds directly to the “Alexa” command. I reached out the support and they seemed clueless saying it didn’t seem to support it, but it was my understanding that “built in” meant precisely that.. i.e. you don’t need another Alexa device to control it. I’ve never had it working so I wonder if it’s a firmware update that’s broken it.

0 Likes
lucai87
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue...cannot get Alexa working anymore. I have tried resetting to factory settings, reconfigure on SmartThings, etc. but cannot get Alexa responding anymore

0 Likes
LW92
Student
Options

I now have Alexa working on my S801B - I noticed it kept signing out of Alexa in the smart things app so I made 2 changes - turned off MFA on my Amazon account and stopped switching the soundbar off at the wall overnight.  Not sure which resolved the issue, if any, but it has been working ever since.  

0 Likes
Tiagocoelho
First Poster
Options

The same thing is happening on my S801B, but I never had MFA turned on, on my Amazon account. Mine used to work temporarily while I was on the 1002 firmware, but I haven't been able to get it to work since I updated to 1008.2. 

Is yours still working consistently? 

0 Likes