Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the HW-Q90r eARC update, I did a little digging in the firmware files. Is there a reason that the HW-N950 didn't get eARC

(Topic created on: 24-12-2020 02:52 AM)
PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

Top is the info.txt from the latest HW-N950, bottom is the text from the eARC update of HW-Q90r.

info_comparison.png

As you can see it's just generic Tizen. The hardware in both sound bards is basically identical, and whatever differences there are, shouldn't influence eARC which is basically a software feature.

Things get even more interesting when we open the HW-Q90r firmware file with a HEX editor. The HW-N950 (SAT-HKA18WWC) is literally mentioned in the file headers.

hex.png

I see this as a huge f*ck you from Samsung. There was an implicit promise that the HW-N950 would get eARC, and seeing how it seems to be literally baked in the firmware (it's just a Tizen distro with software features after all), it feels wrong doubly so.

Are we getting this update or not?

80 REPLIES 80
Maniasek
Explorer
Options

Does SAMSUNG is even looking on that site ? Or its only for us, customers and they do not care about it at all? 

0 Likes
Cafer2020
Student
Options

Hello guys, i am also waiting for an eArc-Update for my N950 or any news about that :(.

I bought me a new television, which supports eArc...and i really need that eArc on my soundbar to enjoy my bluray-movies on my PS 4 Pro :/...i have problems to connect the PS4 Pro trough the Soundbar N950 to my television (connected directly to the soundbar)...i need to connect my PS 4 pro with the TV, but then arc isnt enough for the best Audio quality :/...

Please Samsung, just answering and make the community and your customers happy! It is really disappointing that the Q90R gets the update and the N950 isnt...c'mon! It is nearly the same device!

It would be my last Samsung device!

Any (good) news?

1Peter
First Poster
Options

I have the N950, I’m also upset with no update for eARC. It’s clear Samsung couldn’t care less just remember in future not to buy Samsung products.

0 Likes
Maniasek
Explorer
Options

Any news ? #SAMSUNG? 

0 Likes
Maniasek
Explorer
Options

안녕하세요. 고객님
삼성전자서비스 이메일 담당자입니다.

저희 삼성전자 제품을 사용해주셔서 진심으로 감사드립니다.

HW-N950 모델에 대한 eARC 업데이트에 대해 문의를 주셨습니다.

문의주신 모델에 대한 eARC 업데이트에 대해 담당부서를 통해 확하였으나

HW-N950 모델에 대한 eARC 업데이트 계획은 현재 없는 것으로 확인되었습니다.

고객님의 추가 업데이트 의견에 대해서는 검토가 되도록 담당부서로 공유하였습니다.

다만, 검토 결과 및 진행사항에 대해서는 별도의 안내는 어려운 점 양해를 부탁드립니다.

(※건의하신 내용은 여러 환경적인 요인에 의해 반영이 제한될 수 있습니다.)

앞으로도 보다 편리하고 만족스러운 제품사용이 되도록 더욱 노력하겠습니다.

항상 즐겁고 행복한 일들만 가득하시길 바라겠습니다.

감사합니다.

The response from Korean support put in to translator. 

0 Likes
MKS28
Journeyman
Options

I take the previous mail was an official response from Samsung.   How pathetic. :smiling-face:

Instead of relying on Samsung to improve, much less hassles to just buy another brand’s model.   Other than the EARC (the lack of) feature, the N950 has issues like 1. Rear speaker distortion noise, very sensitive to certain WiFi channels, and its not adjustable. 2. Low rear speaker volume for music surround sound use,  3, massive lip sync delay when working with Netflix, sync feature will not help; 4, random popping sounds from the sub woofer.   Overall, it’s just a half baked product.    I see why Samsung has given up supporting it.          So just move on, get a Sonos instead   :winking-face:

0 Likes
Randrea33
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I'm in the same case as you, it's a shame from samsung not to update the Earc compatibility. Does anyone have any news?

0 Likes
forsberg21
First Poster
Options

It`s quite easy. Samsung is a ***** up company who don´t care about the customers. Every Samsung-Item I bought was rubbish. I will never buy anything of this evil company.

Jamestheedge14
Apprentice
Options

Agree. Just replaced my Q90R with the LG C1. Never Samsung again, burnt twice by them now. 

0 Likes
MKS28
Journeyman
Options

I was trying to decide which 49 inch computer monitor I should choose between Samsung and LG, even tho LG one is more expensive, I went for LG because of this frustrating Samsung sound bar experience.   I am now a happy LG customer :smiling-face:

0 Likes