Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A4 series soundbar that has lost volume

(Topic created on: 28-09-2021 10:01 AM)
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

I bought the Samsung A450 2.1 Channel Soundbar with Subwoofer last week and initially it was fine, but now I have to turn it up to 100 to get a reasonable sound level out of it.

I have seen suggestions to select PCM instead of Surround, to reset the soundbar, and I have done those but the volume is still low. 

To be honest, there's not much change between 60 and 100% volume.

Very disappointed

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@TimEllis45: What connection method are you using to connect to your TV (Bluetooth, Optical or HDMI)? I sthe issue present when viewing all media/channels, or just in specific instances? Have you tried adjusting the Bass and Treble levels via the Sound Control and Woofer buttons on the remote? Similarly, if you press and hold the Sound Control button and use the Left/Right buttons to cycle through each sound frequency band, you can use the Up/Down buttons to adjust each frequency. Does this help at all? 

0 Likes
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

What connection method are you using to connect to your TV (Bluetooth, Optical or HDMI)?

• Bluetooth initially, now optical cable. Same issue on both

Is the issue present when viewing all media/channels, or just in specific instances?

• All channels

Have you tried adjusting the Bass and Treble levels via the Sound Control and Woofer buttons on the remote?

• Yes

Similarly, if you press and hold the Sound Control button and use the Left/Right buttons to cycle through each sound frequency band, you can use the Up/Down buttons to adjust each frequency. Does this help at all? 

• No

UPDATE: I tried playing music from my PC through BT on the soundbar and the levels were correct. It appears to be an issue with the TV. If I play through the TV only (with the soundbar off) I get the same low volume levels.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TimEllis45: Thank you for clarifying. If you have a Samsung TV, please can you confirm the model number via the sticker on the back of the set, or in Settings > Support > About This TV, and I can look into this further for you. It may be an Auto-Volume settings that adjusts the volume based on the content or viewing environment, so worth exploring as an option.

0 Likes
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

The model is 43" AU 8000 Crystal UHD 4K LED LCD Smart TV. Product code UA43AU8000WXXY

and a few moments ago the sound just cut out completely. I adjusted the volume but instead of seeing a number on the screen (volume level) it just displayed that it was connected via the optical cable.

I pushed a number of buttons and after a few minutes the sound returned (I was watching YouTube and the fault was not in the clip)

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Thanks for sharing this, @TimEllis45. Your TV model does appear to be a non-UK model. Where did you buy your TV from? Also, are you based in the same region you'd purchased the TV? 

0 Likes
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

I'm in Australia - it's an Australian TV

0 Likes