Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1012.6 firmware upgrade makes the subwoofer of Q90R soundbar scrapped

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 04:25 PM)
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

After I upgraded the firmware to 1012.6, the Q90R's subwoofer didn't seem to produce much sound, just like it was scrapped, I couldn't feel the vibration at all, even if I adjust the subwoofer to the maximum value.

In this forum, I found that many Q90R users have encountered the same problem. It can be said to be very precise that this is a firmware problem. However, more than half a year has passed since the release of the previous version of the firmware, and Samsung still has not made any statement.

I'm not sure if Samsung intentionally weakens the performance of the old model to promote the new model through firmware upgrade. If so, even if you buy a new model now, Samsung will also weaken its performance through firmware upgrade in the near future.

I heard a lot of the same feedback in other countries, including the United States, China, etc. If Samsung hasn't released new firmware to fix this problem, I won't trust any Samsung products anymore.

9 REPLIES 9
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

Is it really that difficult to fix this problem? Or is Samsung not planning to repair it? I reported this problem a month ago, and other users in the forum also reported the same problem, but there was no result. I am very disappointed with Samsung now.

TurkAngora
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately I would suggest leaving Samsung products behind. I gave up on them providing a fix to the problem they created and just sold the system. I now proudly own superior Sonos products. I eventually also plan on replacing my Samsung TV (which I mistakenly thought would work well with their soundbar) with an LG.

Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

What we compare is the difference in playing the same video before and after the firmware upgrade of the soundbar, which has nothing to do with other devices. We use the single variable method for comparison, so the state of other devices remains unchanged。

If you don't have this problem, you're lucky, but it doesn't mean that other people don't have this problem. Please don't stop others from asking Samsung to release new firmware to fix the problem. Users with similar problems are welcome to discuss.

0 Likes
TurkAngora
Journeyman
Options

Levstyle, not sure if you are replying to my post about leaving Samsung? I completely agree with you that there is a problem with the subwoofer and they created it via firmware and that they should release a fix. I had the same issue.

I only suggested that, after nearly a year without an update, customers may have to look elsewhere. It seems that Samsung is not interested in this issue. They are a very large company with too many different types of products. Their interest in home audio extends as far as stamping their name on a set of speakers in hopes you will give them a little extra profit margin when buying their TV. Whereas Sonos only does audio and values feedback. So that's what I did - sold the Q90R and bought an Arc. However I do wish you good luck.

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

thank you for your sharing. I just bought the machine not long ago, and it is not yet time for a new one.

0 Likes
Sjthegreat1
First Poster
Options

Samsung please give us a fix! This is so frustrating.

Nayin
Journeyman
Options

Is a solution to the problem found?

0 Likes
TurkAngora
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately the solution is to leave Samsung for a better, dedicated audio brand.

0 Likes