Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 05:19 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

Go to solution
304 REPLIES 304
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

I can advice you to check HDTV test channel, he is an awsome professional. Has a very big audience and tests multiple tv's and soundbars. The channel to go :smiling-face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2kf4vCzbfA

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Anyone with an OLED  check this out. Your HDR is a gimmick and not real HDR, an oled cannot do HDR and this is the reason. Watch this, and this guy knows what he is talking about. Another reason I got QLED, you get real HDR

https://youtu.be/XPzM3NDGuSc

0 Likes
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

It all depends what you are looking for in a tv he did lots of tests not only hdr. u need a bigger picture of what you need so you can pick the right tv. HDTV test is the best tester out there :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Blindfire
First Poster
Options

Hi, sorry if you answered this already I just got mine for a great deal and turned on the hidden function, but don't like it. Does it automatically turn off when I turn off the soundbar? I tried doing the same thing to turn it off but it keeps saying "On"

0 Likes
Blindfire
First Poster
Options

If you have an Nvidia Shield (or can manually change the refresh rate of your TV/Monitor) you can get Dolby Vision (100% working for me) going to 30Hz or 24Hz. On my last one (N850) there would be no video at all when I had it to 60Hz, but now I have a Q90R and it has video on 60Hz, but sound cuts out non stop. Hopefully you can change your refresh rate since on both bars, setting to 30Hz or lower has fixed it for me.

0 Likes
Nachog35
Explorer
Options

Firmware upgraded earlier this year with no problems until yesterday.  

Q90R goes into shop mode (Shop6) after about 15 minutes of use.  Never happened before and I can’t get it back to normal.  

I've seen the “hold down Volume - on the remote for 5 seconds  with power off tip then navigate using direction buttons”.  That doesn’t work it goes through the shop 1-6 options but doesn’t allow me to turn it off and always goes back to Shop6.

At the end of this process I also see a “Shop NG” message but again I can’t select it. 

it happens on all inputs HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. I have to power off the soundbar then power back on to resume.  Running an xfinity cable box and Apple TV 4K I have a Samsung UDHD 75” TV. 

Again no issues at all until yesterday after over a year of daily use then goes kaput and family is upset   

The SmartThings app is pretty useless doesn’t connect to the soundbar at all,  app shows it as registered but says it can’t connect   I’ve deleted and re added twice but still can’t  connect. Once when I re added I was able to get in I checked firmware update and it said I had most recent firmware   

is there a sticky thread of all the other commands for this soundbar?  It feels like there are secret cheat codes like my kids video game but even my tech savvy 12 yr old can’t figure this one out 😉

factory reset is supposed to be gear button/settings for 10+ seconds with power on but that hasn’t changed anything that I can tell

I’ve tried the hard power down unplugging the sound bar, unplugging the woofer and surrounds and letting set for 10minutes then plugging it all back in  that doesn’t work either  all the units are connected and blue leds on the sub and surrounds   

what do these shop modes mean I’ve read that it’s intended for when it’s used in a store demo so people don’t crank it up and blow out the system?

please help on this thread or is there a direct number for live humans US support?

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

No issues with smart things with mine 

0 Likes
Nachog35
Explorer
Options

journeyman,

I’m having issues with the shop6 mode are you?  It turns the volume  down on my system after about 15 min flashes shop6 and shop NG and I have to power down then power back up to clear…lasts for another 15 min then the same thing all over again.

are you having similar issues?

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

no

0 Likes
Mintis
Explorer
Options

I don't have any issue too.

0 Likes