Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 05:19 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

Go to solution
304 REPLIES 304
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

I quite agree with you that the sound effect comparison is subjective, but the premise is that it can be heard or felt. Now my problem is that after the firmware upgrade, the subwoofer doesn't seem to work. I can hardly feel the sound pressure brought by the subwoofer any more, which is no different from cutting off the power supply of the subwoofer.

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

The subwoofer of soundbar is not used to produce audible sound, it is used to create seismic sense, but also can bring shock wave and make people feel the sound pressure

0 Likes
mroset
Journeyman
Options

@Levstyle Mmmm, I feel sorry for you that the sub no longer works, after all, that's one of the best aspects of our system. I guess the blue light for connection at the back is also ON in your case, right ?  (Just like the ones on the back of the wireless rear satellites). Would a 'reset to factory settings' or reconnect/resync the sub to the soundbar do anything ?  And did you check the FW-settings of all the individual components (I'm pretty sure you may have tried all that already, but anyway...)   Again, in my case the sub clearly makes the difference and makes its presence known and produces excellent and deep lows (both audible as well as seismic - lol....).   Is there anything I can check for you on my system to help out ?

0 Likes
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

My input was only about the soundbar, which TV people prefer is their own. Can only say with my setup everything works as it should and soundbar performs very well from using apps(netflix, plex, ...) to gaming devices (seriesx, ps5, nint switches) and nvidia shield.  Strange some people have issues with it as i can only conclude sensetivity or broken hardware or in some cases people not setting it up correctly (bad fw flash,..)

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

@mroset 

Thank you for your help.

The subwoofer does have a blue light on, and it doesn't flash. In some movie scenes, when I put my hand on the subwoofer, I can still feel the slight vibration, but there is no sound pressure at all. 

I put the subwoofer next to my sofa. In some scenes of car collision or bomb explosion, I can hardly feel the vibration and sound pressure unless I put my hand on the subwoofer.

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

@mroset When using the old version of the firmware(1010.5), the subwoofer does produce powerful shock waves and seismic waves when a car collides or a landmine explodes in the movie. My sofa and stool will vibrate obviously, just like being in an imax movie theater. 

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

I find it so odd that some have so many issues post firmware update. My sub, rears work better than ever now. I have my sub set to a volume of 3 and it provides plenty of response. I have the rears set to 6 and the top and sides of the center set to 5 as I really enjoy the surround aspect. Hope everyone’s issues  workout.

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

@Budgeko The rear speaker with 1012.6 firmware works very well. This time, the problem is the subwoofer。Many people encounter similar problems after upgrading the firmware, although some of them do not go to the forum to communicate

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Wonder how many of those with issues are not using a Samsung TV? These are made to be a match. It may well not be the issue and should work with any other tv.  But with a Samsung tv, sets sound automatically like when you play a game auto sets sound to game sound. Don't and never have had issues with firmware updates, but using it with Samsung q90r tv also. A match made in heaven

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

I’m still using my LG C8 with no issues at all. Eagerly awaiting the next upgrade to my theater room. Will it another LG OLED, QLED?? Hmmmmm. Time will tell

0 Likes