Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 03-09-2021 01:39 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
Nachog35
Journeyman
Options

Aaaaargh!   Shop6 Mode!!!!!  Has anyone been able to clear and return to normal?   Moderators please help.  

looking forward to a solution that doesn’t require me to disassemble my whole set up and go through the hassle of shipping/ sending the unit back to Samsung for a repair on a product.    The service hotline told me to just turn / unplug the unit for a few minutes plug it back in and it should clear.  

it didn’t.  

0 Likes
BBL
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. At first didn't notice there is no sound from the RR speaker, until I recently watched a movie. Upon checking, noticed blue light keeps on blinking looking for reconnection. Therefore reset and did the id set, still could not get it to reconnect. When I did manage to get a solid blue (all reconnected) I still notice no sound from it even though I am sure the source movie is in Atmos and when I watched it some time back and sounded great. Then I cycle through the firmware and notice the same, RR 000.00 and RR NG. No matter how I try to reflash with USB method it just wouldn't work. Will send it back. Any luck with yours?

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

I removed the Smart Things app from my phone, reinstalled and that allowed my Soundbar to update to the latest firmware. Since doing so, I do notice far more sound coming from the rear speakers. Hope that helps. Cheers

0 Likes
ShuhailNP
Journeyman
Options

Is there a way to revert back to old firmware. 

0 Likes
deeboo
First Poster
Options

i 've already updated the bar
but i checked my version 
Like this 

M 0133

B 1012.6

H 0051

FD 0040

W 00240