Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 08:10 AM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

with the soundbar off: Press vol button down for 5-10 secs

You can then navigate from Shop1 to Shop6  with the left and right buttons in the pad

Confirm the selection with the down button in the pad , it will show ShopNG

I dont have any clue what does it do.  I've had Shop6 selected by default , and I have not changed it.

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

Don't upgrade this firmware!!! It makes the subwoofer useless

0 Likes
Levstyle
Pioneer
Options

Don't upgrade this firmware!!! It makes the subwoofer useless。 You can find more information in this post

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Rubbish. Mine is working fine

0 Likes
shaunevo
Explorer
Options

I don’t agree. I have the latest firmware and the sun makes the house vibrate when watching a film on volume 15. You must have an issue with yours 

0 Likes
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

Yess update works great too with nvidia shield , ps5 , xbox, switches ,.. all good

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

For 4k bluray player I keep my Xbox one x for bluray player and atmos blurays.

I have an Xbox series X and dont have plugged in soundbar as it won't give me 120fps or VVR support,  so if I want atmos disks play in Xbox One X.

Its one or the other with my Xbox series X and perfer higher graphics ability so have it plugged into TV, but still goes through Soundbar, but no atmos

0 Likes
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

i have th lg cx with the soundbar and vrr and atmost work with my series x.  atmost for movies works great recognizes it. i think the issue is you dont have the atmos licence on your xbox.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

LG is a totally different TV, it has hdmi 2.2, my Samsung Q90R tv dies not, so its one or the other

0 Likes