Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 08:51 AM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

Sorry maybe do I need glasses but I cannot find the explanation, what post do you mean?

0 Likes
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

How does everybody change the shop? 

when I try to hear the difference I take the following steps.

soundbar off

volume down on the remote

display shows shop6 

then with every button i push the display changes to Shop NG and then closes.

So I cannot select shop6. Not a problem but just curious. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Easy, hold down volume button with soindbar off, maybe 5 seconds comes up with shop, got use remote navigation buttons to change it, up and down on remote 

0 Likes
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

That is what I put in my post I did :smiling-face:

it always does the same, shows “shop NG” and that is it.  You cannot select another option it always ends with shop NG. 

if you push the navigation buttons on the remote, does not matter up/down/left/right the display shows shop ng. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Shows either shop 6 or shipNG abd selectable from remote.  You want shop NG anyway

0 Likes
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

I found out how it works, sorry!

Talked to Samsung, with the left/right button you can change from shop1 to shop6. When confirming your choice the display shows Shop NG.

that is it :smiling-face:  shop NG is the confirmation that the choice is saved

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

On mine have the choice of either shop 6 or shipNG, mine was in shop6, to change between use soundbar remote using the up postion on the remote,  cannot be done on soundbar, only soundbar remote.

CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

You should try using the left/right arrows in stead of the up/down. You will see more options :).

when pushing up/down I also see shop6/ng 

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, late to the party here. What is Shop6/NG? Is it a new feature? If so what does it do and how is it accessed? Thanks

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Just checking to see if I have the most updated Firmware. I have mine set to auto update so assume I’m all set?

Budgeko_0-1621247504742.png

0 Likes