Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 05:16 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

Can you link me the topic where lots of people have issues with this latest firmware as i am curious.

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

This soundbar has a tone of issues and now the sub volume is like its been decreased by half as if samsung has put a sound limit on it to prevent ignorant users from blowing them.. Problem is that it effects guys like me that are familiar with them..

pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@Pipes  i am running under the same assumption. The  challenge is prooving it. If you have ideas (or friend with same soundbar but lower firmware) would be awesome. 

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@Soussi you can find at least two threads around this in this forum. 

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

This bar sounds great when it all works together, it's very trouble some to think that things don't work better when you update your equipment.. I know it sounded better when the sub rear update was not applied.. But This is something that samsung needs to hear from many people that have purchased this.. expensive, unfinished, everyday issues sound bar.. Driving me nuts.. I still have to take mine in for service cuz the blue light is gone @ the back of the RR speaker... And  the code says RR NG. it's like the bar doesn't recognize it.. Well for one the blue light being off could mean no connection between the two.. But how the heck does this happen.. It all started with a sound test... Kinda hope it's the speaker and not the mother board.. Btw people don't bother asking samsung for any help.. All you will get is a.. Where do you live and let us point you in the direction of the service shops we use... 

Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

I have had zero issues since the last firmware update on Smart Apps.

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

@ bud.... What are your numbers in the sound bar.. Did you do the full update.. Not just the sound bar.. Thanks 

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

When you push and hold the woofer button down,you get a chance to change the W-ch1.. What does this effect and what is the shop6..? 

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options

@Pipes  mine says CH-3. I suppose it is the frequency channel which can be changed in case of interference. What is shop6?

0 Likes
Pipes
Pioneer
Options

Yes I can believe that it's a Frequency adjustment if you have any Bluetooth interferance.. Such as I heard crackling from the sub and from the rears when I set it up.. Didn't know to change the W-ch1 to a different one. So I might try and put the sub back to the original spot I had it and see if changing the channel will eliminate the crackling.. I heard somewhere it can be interference from the modem

And regarding the shop 6 I believe that has to do with the settings for the dealers or it could be an issue I'm having with my soundbar

0 Likes