Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 07:15 AM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
denodan
Navigator
Options

Under rated, dolby vision does not make a great tv  depends on how its processed. Dolby vision won't really come into its own till 12bit colour panels are here. Seen videos and not much different 

0 Likes
tdv27
Explorer
Options

I've had Dolby Vision and Atmos support even before the update, what device are you having an issue with?

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

No Dolby Vision: Nvidia Shield Pro>HW-Q90R>65OLED854

Working Dolby Vision: Nvidia Shield Pro>65OLED854>HW-Q90R

I watch a lot of movies and tv shows that also support Dolby Vision. I prefer to connect the Shield to the soundbar but it don’t support it. So I have connected Nvidia Shield to the tv.

0 Likes
tdv27
Explorer
Options

That's interesting, I have a Sony 4k model# UBP-X700 with Dolby Vision and I have it hooked up to the Q90r soundbar Dolby Vision will passthrough to my LG OLED TV with no issue. I needed to hook it up to the Soundbar because I wouldn't get DTS X to the soundbar although I can get Atmos either way. 

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

That’s strange, I have the soundbar on the latest firmware and all the hdmi cables are good quality. So you think it needs to be working?

0 Likes
tdv27
Explorer
Options

Yes

0 Likes
Chamg78
First Poster
Options

Been trying to download the file but I can’t find the update file anywhere. Where can I get it. Can you send it to me? 

0 Likes
CPP49
Explorer
Options

@Chamg78 

The US Update is here :

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-q-series-soundbar-w-dolby-atmos-hw-q90r 

You can see :
Firmware

NOV 19,2020  |  ver 1012.6  |  306.19 MB

Click on download.  😎

0 Likes
pepsinio
Pioneer
Options
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

I updated with the usb when the update was released and no problem with the sub.

When the sub is on full, my whole house shakes. 

did not do the update of the sub/rear.

did you do the update with the usb or with the app?

0 Likes