Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 04:46 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@blunden did you try to change the WiFi channel on the router? Someone here suggested that the soundbar can't connect to DFS channels, so using a lower channel fixed his disconnection problems.

Also if you have a dual band router you may try to temporarily enable just one band at a time and see if you can get the soundbar to connect.

0 Likes
blunden
Student
Options

@mauromol I'm already running on a non-DFS channel that is supported in most regions and I've tried both my 2.4 GHz and 5  GHz network. I use separate SSIDs for them partially for compatibility and also as a was to segment less important devices to the slower network. The reason I tried again now is that I hoped either the new soundbar firmware or the new AP firmware I installed recently would make a difference.

The lack of DFS channel support is actually listed in the manual. Thanks for your suggestions though. :smiling-face:

I wish there was a good reference for the error codes so that I could confirm that it's a connection issue. You haven't come across something like that by any chance?

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@blunden unfortunately no. However in this same thread in the past the user @Bela91 has written some interesting info and I think he works for Samsung, maybe he can help you. Or otherwise try to contact Samsung support...

0 Likes
skipperab
Explorer
Options

Would someone please tell me how to do the test tones from the speakers. Or post a link. And this is probably a stupid question but hear it goes. What’s the difference between having all speakers set to 0 or all speakers set to +6? Isn’t the result the same if you just turn up the overall volume when set at 0? I have the Q80 and a LG C9 

0 Likes
blunden
Student
Options

@mauromol Yeah, that's true. 

@Bela91 Do you know what the error code 15-201 in the SmartThings app means? I get that error when trying to connect my HW-Q86R to the app.

0 Likes
shaunevo
Explorer
Options

The only way I get to the system to connect to WiFi again is to reset the soundbar then go onto the Bluetooth settings on my phone and delete the device from the list on my phone, then open the app and follow the steps again, hope this helps. 

0 Likes
CPP49
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
skipperab
Explorer
Options

@CPP49 @Thanks for your help. I held down the ‘sound button’ until ‘testing tone’ appeared on the display. But I couldn’t hear any static tones through my speakers. In fact I’ve tried it several times and can’t hear a single thing after it indicates it’s playing test tones. Any thoughts? Is it time to do a reset of the soundbar? If so how is that accomplished? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.  

0 Likes
blunden
Student
Options

@shaunevo Yeah, that might work since I did buy this soundbar used, but I would really prefer not to reset it if I can avoid it. Thanks for the suggestion though. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately still no Dolby Vision support. Please fix this so we can use it!!!