Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 10:22 AM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
denodan
Navigator
Options

Don't know why you guys are having so much trouble, mine has been going great, no issues. Since I had my first one replaced as it would not change modes

mroset
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, 

Please note that my Q90R is also doing perfectly fine.  Excellent sound, excellent operating stability.

Only thing I did notice that I wanted to share (perhaps this helps anyone): 

When I placed one of the rear speakers on (or too close to) the subwoofer, I experienced interruptions and random disconnects of those speakers.  Some kind of radio and/or magnetic and/or crosswire interference (hence either by the speakers themselves or the AC-cables connected) must have been the cause of this effect.

I resolved this issue by moving/placing the rear speaker (as well as the AC-cable) away from the sub (in my case about 1-1,5 meters proved sufficient) . And since then, not a single issue or disconnect.

MarVald
Explorer
Options

Hi, I decided to wrote to get soem advice regarding issue I fast with my subwoofer from Q90R. I can hear some stronie sounds getting from it which are not related to sound I hear. It sound like some kind distortions a kind of gobbling. Do you think that something device could interfere my sub connection? I'm completely lost. I thoguht that SW update could change it but still the same.

0 Likes
shaunevo
Explorer
Options

My firmware on all I teams are the same as yours. The only reason I noticed is the soundbar wouldn’t work with smartings else I wouldn’t have known it had been updated. Do you have any more information on the update? 

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Nothing further on my end. All seems to be working very well now.

0 Likes
shaunevo
Explorer
Options

How did you get smart things working again? 

0 Likes
skipperab
Explorer
Options

I’m assuming this hidden feature makes no difference to a Q80 since there are no rears?

0 Likes
blunden
Student
Options

@TheBigBoss20 I see the same numbers on my HW-Q86R soundbar after the update. The 2019 models are branded as Q86R, Q96R etc. (instead of Q80R, Q90R) in my region for whatever reason, but they're otherwise identical as far as I'm aware.

I still find it kind of strange that the Q90R requires a separate step to update the subwoofer firmware that the Q80R doesn't. Following those steps anyway makes it show UPDATE for a second or two but the version doesn't change (I didn't have the USB stick inserted though). Doesn't really matter though I guess since I haven't had any issues with the subwoofer or its connection to the soundbar.

With that said, I'm still unable to connect my soundbar to the SmartThings app. It simply fails to connect to my WiFi (presumably) and instead throws the error code 15-201 after being stuck on 99% for a while. This was the same with older firmware versions too. I've seen other people have the same issue in the past when trying to connect to Unifi access points. I don't care about most of the features in the app so it's not a big deal since the sound is amazing, but it would be nice to be able to easily check for and apply firmware updates more easily.

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

The smart app does indeed make things quite a bit easier as the software updates are automatically applied. Living my Q90 now. I have noticed a dramatically improved performance from my rear speakers.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

It doesn't if your using smart things and select auto update, its cleaner and far less likely having issues, using the USB method can be a bit rough as it won't update the subwoofer

0 Likes