Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 05:51 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
denodan
Navigator
Options

No if you open your eyes, were you go to equalizer underneath i think there are the words advanced, takes you to the option gives you about 6 or so sliders you can play with or pick, jazz, pop, etc and the option none, this is for your custom setting and can save it. Gives total control over bass

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Also you can just turn down bass and volume of bass in options on soundbar

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

Which slider is for the bass? 150,300,600,1.2K,2.5K,5.0K or 10K. 

On the soundbar bass is set to -6.

The subwoofer button on the remote is -12.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Think its the ones on the left of the  150, 300. Try them all, turn all off and adjust one at a time and see what happens. There is also a subwoorfer volume in settings on the soundbar. You can adjust volume of all speakers

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Volume for each speaker i think is zero to 12

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Personally I love bass, great im gaming

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Oddly, SmartThings is showing me offline and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to connect? Any suggestions?

0 Likes
rtpt
Apprentice
Options

Dear Bela91,

If possible, could you please also provide  SW release note for HW-Q80r firmware update?  I have HW-Q80r soundbar with additional SWA-9000s rear satellite here in Germany and I noticed after the firmware update to 1012.6, there is drop of volume to rear speaker unlike the rear improvement noticed by HW-Q90r users.. 

The same is noticed my many other HW-Q80r users. Ideally, new firmware update should bring improvement also in optional rear volume of hw-q80r soundbar not similar to hw-q90r but at-least to some extent. Also, we don't see any special "hidden function"/hiddenMode enabled.

Basically, update to hw-q80r brought [optional rear kit SWA9000s] rear volume down rather than bringing up.  So better if we have idea what additional is available for HW-Q80r. Also, It's great if Samsung would fix it as otherwise it's brilliant soundbar. But, rear volume is really unacceptable low.  Also, is there a way to report that to Samsung?

Thanks.

0 Likes
rtpt
Apprentice
Options

Hi @machacvaclav, did reset your HW-Q80r back and did u see improvement in rear volume level after reset to previous firmware?

0 Likes
machacvaclav
Pioneer
Options

after updating the same volume level. I didn't have a problem with that before the update.

po aktualizaci stejná úroveň hlasitosti. Neměl jsem s tím před aktualizací problém.

0 Likes