Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 05:28 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
mroset
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I personally generally prefer the 'Surround' mode.

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Atmos for movies hands down. I simply use GameMode for my PS4. I don’t listn to

music in this bar. Strictly for movies and gaming.

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

For movies and series with multichannel audio: Standard mode, of course. I want to listen to the soundtrack as it was conceived.

For movies and series with 2-channel audio: mainly Standard mode, but sometimes Adaptive is interesting, although it makes dialogues a bit harder to understand and makes the whole sound stage somewhat "ethereal".

For stereo music: most tracks are unbearable to listen to when using something different from Standard mode (in particular, there's too much reverberation on vocals), however with some tracks Adaptive can indeed produce a very interesting result. It depends a lot on how the track was mixed.

BTW: I didn't have time yet to test Surround and Adaptive modes after enabling the "hidden" feature of the new 1012.6 firmware, perhaps the new upmixing style helps to alleviate the "ethereal" effect it applies to stereo tracks. I will try and see.

0 Likes
tdv27
Explorer
Options

Movies: Standard then I get sound in its natural 5.1 or how ever they made the Movie, Music: Standard or Surround depends on the music

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Very odd. I typically play my movies at a volume of 15-20. I’m watching the 3rd installment of Lord

of the Rings ( in Atmos) and I have the volume at 30 and something seems very off. Could it

be the movie itself?

0 Likes
Mintis
Explorer
Options

I prefer surround for movies, series and music.

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

09E9E372-A9E7-4025-A1C0-86FF6238B952.jpeg

A51B4FCF-1CC4-487B-BC47-42FC5ECC545F.jpeg

I got this problem that the bass sound way to loud. In other rooms I hear it and I don’t want that. I bought some isolation pads and put the subwoofer on it. Also on the backside i put it. But still with the settings on -12 the bass is to loud. Is there a fix for this? I want to listen loud to music but the bass is going so loud I can’t put the volume up.... The system is running on the latest firmware. I have it connected to Philips 65OLED854 and Nvidia Shield. Please help me with this.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Go to the equalizer option in smart things, it's got an advanced and basic EQ, go to the advanced and can turn sliders to no bass if you wish

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

In the equalizer setting basic i have the slider on -6. I can choose advanced and customize that. But which slider is only the bass? Thank you

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

AFF0A82A-669E-43F1-9766-F96B05079D34.png

 even with this the bass is still way to loud. 

0 Likes