Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 19-12-2020 04:02 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

question on bass volume on Q90r. I have the bass volume on the sound bar setting at 3 and the volume on the bass via the controller on 3. A bit confused why you can control bass on the sound bar and on the bass it’s self with bass volume on the controller. Any assistance would be welcomed.

Oxia57
Apprentice
Options

This is completely normal, the bass of the bar and the bass of the box are two different things! The frequency range is different!

0 Likes
Oxia57
Apprentice
Options

I have updated, but the W is 240 while some have 241. I am in France. Is it related?

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

It should be. Samsung customer care told me that W240 is right for me (Italy), so it's likely it depends on the region. After all, different regions use different wireless configurations due to different local regulations.

Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

So the bass on the soundbar is strictly for the soundbar NOT the subwoofer? If that be the case what is a good range for the soundbar and subwoofer setting?

0 Likes
Oxia57
Apprentice
Options

To each his own tastes and earsEveryone has their own tastes and ears, there is no perfect sound, everyone hears differently, each room is different ...

0 Likes
Phix
Journeyman
Options

No, it's same settings. Bass produced by subwoofer, not by Soundbar. Bar only show subwoofer bass level.

UPD: I mean SW (Woofer button) setting

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

This is not true. The "Bass" setting on the soundbar display, is for the soundbar. Just like the treble setting that shows on the soundbar display, is for the soundbar. The Subwoofer volume button on the remote, is for the subwoofer. Listen to anything that has some bass, tweak both settings, the difference is clear. They are clearly separated when you test it. 

mroset
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, I am in the Netherlands, and my HW-Q90R now has the following version numbers after the recent FW-update.

So version 240 (and not 241 like some others) for the woofer firmware here as well, and hence same as original initial post by 'next6000'.

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

0 Likes
MrKvnn
Journeyman
Options

For playing movies, series and music which soundmode do you prefer? 

0 Likes