Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 11-12-2020 08:05 AM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
leursjes
Apprentice
Options

Okay, I performed the firmware update on a HW-Q70RWWB and the firmware is now lister as 1012.6. The firmware numbers returned on the scrolling display are : 

Main processor : M0133.0

Backend processor : B1012.6

HDMI : H0051.0

DSP : FD0040.0

Wireless TX : W0040.0

Subwoofer : S0033.0

Rear Speakers ( SWA-8500S 😞 R0033.0

Can anyone confirm all these components are upgraded successfully with the correct firmware mapping for 1012.6 ?

SP87
Student
Options

After doing the update to 1012.6, I did notice the rears did get louder. However, when I do the ‘hidden function’, I am not really noticing a sound difference in Adaptive or Surround mode. 
For those who are liking that feature, how significant is the sound difference and is there a sound sample you can recommend for me to test the new hidden feature? (I have Netflix, Hulu, D+, Amazon) Thanks!

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

I dont notice any difference at all. Or is it only in atmos? I have my Xbox running through tv and sound output to soundbar, no differince I gave my Xbox through hdmi 4 on q90r to GET VRR, 120fps, etc which the soundbar won't give. Even through tv no difference 

Mintis
Explorer
Options

maybe this function didn't work for you, because on surround mode is a huge difference when this hidden function is on. And on adaptive mode the difference is less. So it is better to stay on surround mode if you want to use this hidden function on.

Mintis
Explorer
Options

If the hidden function is on and the soundbar is on surround mode you have to hear huge, huge difference even if you watch IPTV channels.

0 Likes
SP87
Student
Options

There it is! I swear I tested it in surround mode before but maybe not (maybe I was in Standard). But now I do hear the difference in that mode after enabling the hidden function. To me, it seems like Adaptive didn’t change at all, but that’s actually okay with me. Thanks for the reply Mintis. 

djbullard87
Student
Options

I’ve turned on hidden mode but I’m not sure what I’m listening out for. Can someone tell me exactly what it does? I’m in surround mode. I only got the bar a week ago and it’s been great for me already. 

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

My apologies as I simply have not had time to look at what this update actually achieved in detail. What is the “ hidden” function? I can say that for some reason in Surround mode the Soundbar seems louder( or more crisp)? The rears are  no doubt louder as well. Now, prior to this update I had my rears set at 5 whereas the soundbar was set at 3 ( top and sides at 4) . I have yet to watch an Atmos movie but will for sure this weekend. Lastly, I will post all the codes which appear on the bar but I suspect that if one was able to apply this last update, all previous FW updates have been configured. Enjoy!!!

0 Likes
Mintis
Explorer
Options

when "hidden function" is on, soundbar copy front sound to rear speakers in Adaptive mode and Surround mode, but as I said before it is better to use surround mode.

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Thanks but I was more referring to how to activate said “ hidden feature”

0 Likes