Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 12:56 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
Bela91
Journeyman
Options

No, you cannot see it, only hear it :smiling-face: Best result with setting "Surround".

0 Likes
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

Is it better then before?

0 Likes
Bela91
Journeyman
Options

Sure. I like it :smiling-face:

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

Please let me know if I understood it. If I enable that "hidden function" with the procedure the changelog describes, I will get the front speaker contents copied to the rear speakers when using Adaptive or Surround sound mode, right?

Will this function be disabled whenever I turn off the soundbar?

0 Likes
Bela91
Journeyman
Options

Correct!

deactivate = same procedure as activated

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Hello Ladies & Gents... my movie was interrupted today with my Q90R sound turning off and signaling an update was in progress via the SmartThings App for version 1012.6. The download completed in short order. My question is, if 1012.6 installed may I assume all other FW updates have been previously applied? I have not listened to bar post update just yet but from what I read PS5 issues( don’t have one just yet) as well as read speaker output volume has been fixed? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
tdv27
Explorer
Options

Hello Budgeko,

I did a firmware update via USB as most of us did since it was not available with the SmartThings app at the time.

I ended up with these numbers listed below, did you end up with the same numbers?

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

In advance, thanks for your response.

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply. After holding down the wheel

to see the FW codes I was interrupted and unable to catch them all. There were many as you indicated although I’m not certain of the exact codes. I will confirm in the next day or so. 

0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

This is great!

Rears are definitely louder.

And the hidden mode is just cool! I was missing that compared to other sound bars! I wish this mode could be activated/deactivated at will from the remote. 

But still, it is great that you have read many of the complaints in the forums and solved many of the issues.  Better late than never. 

Mintis
Explorer
Options

(Here I'm asking about this:

- hidden function is appiled( to copy front sound to rear speakers in Adaptive mode and Surround mode)

. Power off --> Press and hold the Source key on the unit for 5seconds

the Soundbar will turn on if the function applied successfully.)

So as I understand I need to deactivate this function (I turned it on now) if I listen DTS-X or Dolby Atmos or any other dolby surround sound, right?