Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 06:23 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

Because the new update was carrying in some noteworthy and valuable enhancements.

Could you please let people decide by themselves whether or not they are able to perform an update through the USB method? Thanks.

denodan
Navigator
Options

Wished they would have an update log to know whats updated, dont notice or hear any difference 

tdv27
Explorer
Options

A number of us wanted the same think, it was probably a simple thing that Samsung could provide and they chose not to for some unknown reason, however if you look thru the previous post some of us mention what we  found.

0 Likes
MGTC
Student
Options

Hi machacvaclav how do you perform factory settings on the soundbar. I need to do same thing to mine as I haven't got the last update via smarthings. So I want to try with the USB file. My sound bar have never shown atmos on the display so I'm not sure if I have to do something else to make it working. How do you know if your is performing atmos? Thanks

0 Likes
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

it will display atmos on the soundbar (in the first few second when you start a video with atmos) => this is info i was told. Now i checked it myself and i dont see atmos on display eventho atmos is working. Used plex via nvidiashield and app on tv lg cx and xbox atmos demo.

Also in this video atmos demo you see no atmos display on the soundbar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRQI4tIt59w

Update: weird ..played mandalorion with atmos on plex and now it did show up on the soundbar when starting the video lol  didnt change anything so sometimes it might pop up and sometimes not i guess.

Update 2: i think with trueHD atmos it doesnt display it but it will with EAC3 atmos

0 Likes
machacvaclav
Pioneer
Options

https://www.youtube.com/…E9A

How do I reset my Samsung q80r soundbar?
Turn on the Soundbar and press and hold the power button on the remote control or on the soundbar itself. You must hold down the power button until 'INIT OK' appears on the SoundBar display. If you have an old soundbar without any display, you will see it flash red and stop after it is reset

0 Likes
Bela91
Journeyman
Options

Here is the Changelog with a major feauture :smiling-face:

Improvements / Changes]

- Please refer to the attachments of SW release note for detail information

1) Bluetooth disconnection of iphone11 fixed(BT module FW improved)

2) Display loading delay on Smarthings app when using eARC source improved.

3) Stremming services disabled(grayed) in the SmartThings App when using eARC source are now available.

4) The issue "The Volume of the Soundbar(Y19) is not comparable to the previous setting in the Mobile phone" fixed.

5) Low level of rear speakers are improved.

- The adjustment range of rears has been widened from "-3dB~ +1.5dB" to " -12dB ~ +6dB"

- hidden function is appiled( to copy front sound to rear speakers in Adaptive mode and Surround mode)

. Power off --> Press and hold the Source key on the unit for 5seconds

the Soundbar will turn on if the function applied successfully.

6) No(lower) sound from the Side speakers when playing ATMOS contents from PC fixed.

CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

The new hidden function, any idea to see if it is already on or not? 

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

Thank you very much for the changelog! Where does it come from?

Bela91
Journeyman
Options

I work for Samsung Germany.