Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 03:10 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
djbullard87
Student
Options

Hey all. 
I recently got this soundbar brand new at a great price and have to admit it’s a fantastic bit of kit. Updated to this software and have the same firmware as the original poster. Had no issues so far. I wanted to ask a quick question though. Is there any way to see what audio it’s outputting? I know Dolby Atmos shows up but can you get to to display what it’s outputting? Thanks 

tdv27
Explorer
Options

DTS:X and Dolby Atmos are the only ones to read out on the display, however I don't know of any streaming service that handles DTS:X although if you have a 4k player and the movie has DTS:X then you will see the readout.

Seattletom
Student
Options

Just a quick answer to my original issue with static that I thought was interference. I ended up using monoprice to replace the HDMI cable and the static was gone. Something with the data being passed on an older cable? Who knows, but now I’m beyond pleased with the Atmos sound. WOW. 

Get the latest firmware (even if you have to go through the trouble with the USB install) and enjoy!!!

Mandarb
Apprentice
Options

@leursjes: if the Q70R is one of those using a micro USB port as service port get an adapter cable or a USB stick that has USB A and micro ports.

I just tried out bitstream from an external source to the TV and then to the soundbar. No change to the delay with the new firmware. Might actually be an issue with the TV (QE75Q90R) as other users report no delay.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Why are you guys still using the usb method? A lot of update issues happen this way, using smart things is seamless and updates att speakers automatically also. Had an update come through as have auto update on, works much better than the clumsy usb method, which won't auto update speakers 

0 Likes
Soussi
Journeyman
Options

Because there was no new update via smart app, so probably they just added it via smart recently.

denodan
Navigator
Options

You can in the app select auto update in the app for soundbar and mine uodated it automatically as update was flashing till it finished the update, no reason a all to use the usb method.

0 Likes
tdv27
Explorer
Options

Soussi is correct, When most of us did the update using the USB thumb drive that was because the update was Not available with "Smart Things app" 

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

I waited for several days to see if this new update were offered through the SmartThings app, but it was not the case, contrary to the 1015.0 update which was immediately made available through the app since day zero (the downloadable package for USB update was only released after some days on Samsung websites).

So I proceeded with the USB method this time and had no problems at all, it's just a bit uncomfortable.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Its through the USB method most are having issues, would rather wait and let smart things take care of it, sure only just received it, who cares? Did not effect my soundbar so why the rush to update.

0 Likes