Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 02:28 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
YourMainDude
Explorer
Options

I agree.  Chasing numbers when there is no problem and things are working well, is a fools errand.

tdv27
Explorer
Options

FYI: The update went smooth, below is what I ended up with.

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0 - Did not get 0241 or 0241 though
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

This is what seemed to change for the better at least in my opinion.

• AV sync while watching Xfinity works better with only a small adjustment in my LG OLED55C8 tv, before it was difficult to get the lips to sync with the sound.
  • I no longer have to increase volume levels to 6 (Full)  on Rear and Rear Up-firing speakers, a level of 0 sounds better than 6, although I increased to 3 anyway.
  • Dolby Atmos, I can actually a Helicopter over my head, and overall everything sounds Great!
  • DTS:X is noticeably improved.

Hopefully this is not Placebo effect.
    I'm surprised that Samsung didn't list the changes in this Firmware update (well maybe I'm not surprised since there Customer Support know less about the issues we call about)

Thanks for your help, especially "Woosb" 
Zero17388
First Poster
Options

@TheBibBoss20 Just did it on my Q80R and I have the same numbers as you, tried toupdate the subwoofer but didn't seem to do anything. I have "Update" for maybe 2sec and that's it.

0 Likes
TheBigBoss20
Journeyman
Options
@Zero17388 Thanks for reply and confirming your numbers too mate. I was a bit nervous thinking the versions for W, and S may not have updated when it should have. A bit more at ease to know that someone also has the versions.
okko
Journeyman
Options

I've experimented some more and now am confident that this update was the real deal, particularly with the rear volume level for DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

I haven't done much testing with Atmos or DTS:X as they operated as designed as far as I'm concerned, but height sounds probably didn't blow me away, so I'll have to revisit to see if these were also improved per your post.

All in all, I'm very happy

Kev

machacvaclav
Pioneer
Options

I have a Samsung HW-Q80R. After the update, I have a problem that the Samsung SWA-9000s rear speakers cannot be heard. Today I will perform factory settings on the soundbar. I hope it will work. I apologize for the English, I use the translator.

0 Likes
Woosb
Journeyman
Options

I noticed that the rears are much louder after the update as well. So much louder that the main Soundbar's front speakers seem to be too low. For example when playing a game on PS5, the rear speakers will play the sound of a waterfall very loud compared to the front speakers. And I've set the rear speakers to 0 and front to level 6.
Need to keep experimenting more...

tdv27
Explorer
Options

Hey Woosb,

isn't it much better to try to lower the front than having the originally problem where we had VERY little sound out of the rears even at 6 (max) .   btw; how do you like the PS5, I haven't been able to get my hands on one. 

okko
Journeyman
Options

I think that the level can go to -6, same as front?  You'll just have to keep experimenting.

Kev

Woosb
Journeyman
Options

PS5 is great! Its nice to play PS4 games in 60fps, really makes a big difference. And the new controller is quite nice too. Looking forward to Cyberpunk :smiling-face: