Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 06:00 AM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

Yeah i thought so, just checking to be sure :smiling-face:

the system just ignores the usb the second time :winking-face:

hopefully we will get an changelog somewhere in the future 

0 Likes
YourMainDude
Explorer
Options

Don't count on a change-log man.  Samsung is notorious for inconsistency in that regard.

0 Likes
YourMainDude
Explorer
Options

@next6000

Your wireless module didn't update.  Should be W 0242.0

CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

@YourMainDude I have the same, also 240.0

is this updated by the update of sub/rear? Or with the usb?

0 Likes
Solution
okko
Journeyman
Options

Although this could entirely be a placebo, after the firmware update my rears are very noticeable during DD5.1 and DTS5.1 audio, whereas before as mentioned the rears were quite low.

Dolby Atmos / DTS:X  and even EAC3 operated perfectly and utilized all speakers prior to the update without any issues, but the rears left a lot to be desired when it came to DD5.1 or DTS5.1.

As I've said, without a changelog to confirm what was changed, I could be wrong.  I will continue to experiment, but the reason that I just updated was because I was getting frustrated with the lack of  the rears volume for regular 5.1 audios and I really notice a difference after.

Kev

okko
Journeyman
Options

There is definitely something different.  My rears are pumping out the surround audio now with the DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1.  I am a very happy camper again.

By the way, Atmos / DTS:X / True HD still sound awesome so thankfully they didn't screw those up with the update.

Kev

TheBigBoss20
Journeyman
Options
Firstly apologies for posting a message here regarding the Q80R model instead of the Q90R, but with this thread seeming to be more active I thought I might be able to get some answers here. Has anybody tried updating the Q80R models to the latest firmware update? should the firmware version numbers displayed be the same as the Q90R model apart from the RR RL which it doesn't have. I performed the update recentku and would like confirm my versions numbers if anybody has also updated their Q80r. The numbers displayed for me are:

M-0133.0
B-1012.6
H-0051.0
FD-0040.0
W-0033.0
S-0033.0
tdv27
Explorer
Options

Just for clarification, are you directly hooking up your PS5 thru the sound bar or thru the TV 1st?

0 Likes
Solution
Woosb
Journeyman
Options

After soundbar firmware update, I could connect PS5 directly to soundbar.

Olivier75009
Apprentice
Options

W 0240.0 for me either, no more "PRT" mode ! Everything's working as it should !

0 Likes