Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 20-11-2020 10:52 AM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

304 REPLIES 304
Namdnas
Journeyman
Options

I just seen this update hit today for the Q90R and I'm so excited.  I'm hoping this fixes the somewhat "rushed" eARC support from the previous firmware (lots of bugs with it...), as well as the "None" shown in the SmartThings app when eARC is the selected input (it causes it to take FOREVER to load, making using the app pretty much worthless).

Who knows what else this could possibly fix.  Maybe there are also some bug and compatibility fixes with the LG CX TV (and other TV's), along with some updates for the new gaming consoles (PS5/Xbox Series X/S).

I'll wait a few days to see if it updates via the App firmware update option before I go thru the hassle to update via USB.

In the U.S., BTW.

johnGR
Pioneer
Options

Hi there,

I've made the update via usb and have the exact same numbers as you:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

I wonder if anyone knows what's new on this firmware...

Woosb
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I did the update today because I couldn't get my PS5 to work directly with the HW-Q90R soundbar. 
Updating the firmware to version 1012.6  fixed this issue for me.

Quick notice about the official update guide provided by Samsung. The guide says to unzip the update directly to the USB stick. Doing this, the root folder on the stick will be "Image". 
Then the guide tells to "5. Confirm that USB Drive has a folder named ‘SAT-HKA19WWC’ in the root directory". This can lead to renaming the "Image" folder to "SAT-HKA19WWC". This will lead to the USB update not working, because the soundbar will not understand the folder hierarchy.

-> The USB stick needs to have a root folder "SAT-HKA19WWC" and inside that the "Image" folder.
My numbers:
M 0133.0

B 1012.6

H 0051.0

FD 0040.0

W 0241.0

S 0136.0

RR 0136.0

RL 0136.0

CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

I also did the update :smiling-face:

Where did you find these numbers to check the versions? :smiling-face: I can check it with mine update.

And is it normal that if the soundbar has the same version Firmware as the USB stick, it does not try to update itself?

I thought the update failed, so i tried again with the USB but the screen does not show UPDATE anymore.

next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Cornel Palm,

I can answer about how to check the FW versions: just need to have the soundbar off and then click the "wheel" symbol on your remote for 10 seconds. (can you also please share to us the list with all your numbers to check if is corresponding like mine)

About how to force update is a good question I did the same as you but I don't find any way to "overwrite" the update.

thank you

Woosb
Journeyman
Options

To check the versions on your HW-Q90R soundbar display:

1. Turn the soundbar off.
  2. Press and hold Sound Control on the remote for 5 seconds  (Wheel button) until the versions begin to display on the soundbar's display.
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

Perfect! Same as you guys.

Did you also update the subwoofer / rearspeakers? I did not maybe that is the difference with @Woosb on the W (240 vs 241)

M 01331.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

And i think a forced update is not possible, tried it with USB and SmartThings app, both are not updating anything when you already have the latest version.

0 Likes
next6000
Explorer
Options

Do you know how I can force the "re-update", I've the "W" with 0240.0  instead of like you 0241.0.

thank you :winking-face:

0 Likes
CornelPalm
Pioneer
Options

No sorry, I think you should then completely reset your soundbar and do the update again.

Not sure if that is worth it.

The soundbar will not update if the version of the update is the same as the firmware. (My understanding)

0 Likes