Original topic:

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 04/05/20 10:48)
Estevez1979
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

Go to solution
521 REPLIES 521
Craig07
Options
Audio & Video

You must need an HDMI 2.1 cable if you are facing this issue with your soundbar. I have recently upgraded to ( Samsung HW-Q80R Soundbar: https://speakershunter.com/best-soundbars-under-1000/ ) and faced the similar issue which got resolved by adding an HDMI cable.

Also, Samsung has to force the update as soon as possible.

benthomas
Options
Audio & Video

Hi guys -- I have recently purchased mine Bose soundbar 700 and I'm having issues while connecting it with my 4K projector. I never used soundbar before with any projector so is there anyone who can help me to set this up? I would be thankful for your time and help.

0 Likes