Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 21-08-2020 11:59 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
zhirandell
First Poster
Options
Does anyone remember how to do factory reset?
0 Likes
RobertoLobos
First Poster
Options

The only problem that i have after the new firmware  (HW q70) is that i loss my rear speakers sound when im using netflix on samsung tv (RU7100) , on primevideo all the speakers works perfect, even with atmos and DD+ , getting sound from all,  but in netflix the TV Expert mode shows that is in DD+ but the the rear speakers doesnt sound including if i put it in surround mode (SWA-8500S).

Any Help??

Greetings

0 Likes
CPP49
Explorer
Options

With power off, press and hold volume up and down Soundbar buttons together until int appears.

This erase all settings only.

You can't do FACTORY RESET.

YourMainDude
Explorer
Options
Wrong
0 Likes
birbou
First Poster
Options

as clear as that! your post my friend should be pinned  for everybody's reference

westisbest
First Poster
Options

he should have just said "no soup for you"

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

If only everyone used smart things to do auto upgrades then no issues and it also updates all speakers also and works seamlessly, no need to update firmware then any button presses to update speakers using to clumsy USB method of updating.

Most issues are due to not using smart things 

Faris1
Student
Options

To update your woofer from 240 or 241 to 242. Do the id set up and update again by pressing the down button. And recheck the version it will be 242 for W

Aber1967
Explorer
Options

thanks, any idea what is the benefit of the W-242 update?

just to be sure, what do you mean by "do the id set" ? (..in the manual there is both the "connecting order of the components" or the "pressing the back button" on them...and then press the "UP" button on the remote..🤔.) thanks again🖖

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Why are you guys mucking around with usb update method when smart things is miles better

0 Likes