Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 03-07-2020 01:48 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
jbdred
Journeyman
Options
I have it hooked up that way now.
0 Likes
Aber1967
Explorer
Options

Hi to all

Just had the HW-Q90R for 5 days and I'm still having troubles.

Tried update firmware by usb, twice, updated also the speakers (sub.w+2sorround)
Now I have these settings  (please what the letters mean?=
M - 0128.0
B - 1010.5
H - 0051.0
FD - 0040.0
W - 0240.0
S - 0000.0   ... ?????? scary!!  any ideas why?
RR - 0136.0
RL - 0136.0

Thanks to all in advance

(btw, i'm seriously thinking about giving up, sending it back and have a refund, bought on ebay)

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
I have mine on auto update through Samsung smart things. Gives less trouble. All those people who are having trouble bet they are updating usb?

Going through smart things it's all automatic.
denodan
Navigator
Options
Go update with smart things. Updated the firmware and speakers automatically. Why everything is still trying with usb beats when smartthings is less hassle, safer and automatically does speakers also and hassle free. No odd button presses needed
YourMainDude
Explorer
Options

The sub isn't finalizing the firmware module properly.  Go through the 'forced' update of the sub & sats procedure and see if comes out of all zeros.  If it doesn't, the sub is bad.

CB-33
Explorer
Options

@Aber1967 wrote:

Hi to all

Just had the HW-Q90R for 5 days and I'm still having troubles.

Tried update firmware by usb, twice, updated also the speakers (sub.w+2sorround)
Now I have these settings  (please what the letters mean?=
M - 0128.0
B - 1010.5
H - 0051.0
FD - 0040.0
W - 0240.0
S - 0000.0   ... ?????? scary!!  any ideas why?
RR - 0136.0
RL - 0136.0

Thanks to all in advance

(btw, i'm seriously thinking about giving up, sending it back and have a refund, bought on ebay)

Hi

You could try a full reset, switch everything off, unplug from mains & all remove all connections, then power up again. Can you install smart things app on your phone & then once you've added the HW Q90R soundbar to that app you can do the update through there. 

Worth a try, hope it helps.👍

CB-33
Explorer
Options
Finally at long last got mine working now properly after update & Dolby Atmos is scrolling on display, yipee 😁 hooray🏁..."thanks" to everyone on here who posted various solutions, remedies etc👍
denodan
Navigator
Options
Yeah see most of the issue are updating through usb. Dont use smart things app and goes through smoother and faster. And will even update in the background when a new firmware update is available
denodan
Navigator
Options
Why people still use usb to update beats me?
YourMainDude
Explorer
Options

Wrong

0 Likes