Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 09:11 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
jbdred
Journeyman
Options
If using eARC you need cables with a lot of bandwidth. I use the Belkin 48mbps cables which are 30 bucks. Also you may want to try and re-initialize the handshake between devices. Power all devices down, unplug all devices from power, disconnect hdmi cables. Wait a few minutes. Plug all devices in and power on. Connect your arc/earc hdmi cable. Then connect each of the source devices one at a time.
0 Likes
vladlenas
Apprentice
Options

My TV does not have eARC, I have already tried everything. I changed the cable, reset the TV to factory settings, made as above. I tried to connect FireTV 4K, also no image.

Before the update, everything worked.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
You need to connect to an external source with eARC/ARC
0 Likes
Alexandri
Pathfinder
Options

You Need a TV supporting EARC 😋

samsung qled doesnt support eARC 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

@Alexandri wrote:

You Need a TV supporting EARC 😋

samsung qled doesnt support eARC 

No you dont? You only need Earc if you wish to play atmos through those crappy tv speakers. I get Atmos sound though my soundbar. Even my nivida shield is running hooked up to the one connect box gets dolby atmos with sound going through soundbar and not using tv speakers 

You dont run a flagship tv through tinny tv speakers anyway.

0 Likes
vladlenas
Apprentice
Options

I solved my problem so far everything is working well.
Just reset the soundbar.:face-with-rolling-eyes:

0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

Would have been nice to see that they add Google Assistance to this product so you can intergrate with your google home ecosystem. Its pretty bad for such a high end sound system that use WiFi NOT to have this feature.

0 Likes
shinzune
Apprentice
Options

Ma qualcuno ha capito come mai suona basso dts HD sia tramite lettore bd che TV 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Yet LG soundbars has the same issue. Supports Google assistant but not alexa. So those with only Alexa are moaning.

Remember the Samsung sound bar and tvs are designed for integration. As the tv has Google assistant if you have soundbar hooked into the a Samsung tv and using it for sound then when you ask Google to adjust volume then it will control the soundbar volume even more the soundbar. So as long as you use it with your samsung tv then yes it works with google.

Seems soundbars work with one or the other voice assistance not both. Anyway have both Alexa and google. Alexa has better integration than Google and easier to set up and voice assitant skill apps, etc.

So for me yes the soundbar with tv are in the google eco system.
0 Likes
LazyX9
Explorer
Options

Your solution is simply a work around and doesnt solve the issue that the soundbar does not support google assistance.

And we are not discussing intergration between samsung products, I think that would be ilogical if it didnt wouldnt you say?

Also Im not sure why you mention LG, this is a Samsung forum. And saying they have the same issue but with another third party isnt much of a solution either, I thought Samsung was better than LG. You can do better than that.

It also sounds like you dont except much from Samsung products, maybe you are right.

0 Likes